Firstgear Kathmandu Jacket | GTAMotorcycle.com

Firstgear Kathmandu Jacket

ferda

Does anyone else own this jacket or the Firstgear Kilimanjaro? I find that im getting soaked when it rains like it did today. wondering if anyone else experiences this same issue.

Thanks

I have one that I bought for my wife as a colder weather jacket. It's never been waterproof, but then again, it was only $25!

You could try using some Nixwax or similar product to help it repel water.

Let him ask and others answer...:rolleyes:

I've found First Gear waterproof stuff to hold up but sealing at the neck and wrists is critical ...neck in particular. It's rare in a very heavy continous rain to get home entirely dry.

A lot depends on gloves...waterproof gauntlets are needed and very careful sealing at the neck on any waterproof jacket.

If you plan on being out a lot in various weather I would look for something with gore-tex. It really works and will keep you dry without needing over coats. I do have a pair of Firstgear rain gloves, some sort of gore-tex technology that has held up amazing. Not sure if they use that same tech in their jackets or not, if they do you would probably be fine, if not I would again look for gore-tex. Higher upfront cost but your getting a jacket you know will keep you dry and will breath. I have been very happy with my Klim Badlands jacket. Klim has a wide assortment of gore-tex jackets might be worth checking them out.

Back
Top Bottom