Riding around Toronto | GTAMotorcycle.com

Riding around Toronto

MSFT

Just wanted to get an idea of any good roads to ride in the city? Around the south end close to the lake, east and west end.

Lakeshore/Gardiner/DVP to Lawrence
Bayview
Rosedale Valley
Danforth
Mt Pleasant

Those are my usual routes around Toronto when just going for a ride.

Anyone have any good suggestions for other roads worth taking? or routes?

I live around Woodbine and Danforth. I'm talking the after work hour/hour an a half kinda ride.

Aha, I see.
How about being a little adventurous and go North. Whilst you still have decent weather and daylight hours.
Must admit do not know that area too well. I am sure others out here can point you in the right direction. (Sort of a pun)
If I am in that direction the Kawarths area is pretty nice. Not local though. Change of scenery.

Aha, I see.
How about being a little adventurous and go North. Whilst you still have decent weather and daylight hours.
Must admit do not know that area too well. I am sure others out here can point you in the right direction. (Sort of a pun)
If I am in that direction the Kawarths area is pretty nice. Not local though. Change of scenery.

The Kawartha area is more of a day trip ride than a minor detour from Toronto. It's around a 2 hr ride to just get there + the "after work" rush hr to get out of the city.

It also depends what you would consider a ride. Looking for some twisty roads? scenery? Just cruise around? A balancing act while navigating Toronto's rush hr traffic?

Up north is to much for after work jaunt about town.

Ye more so just kinda cruising around.

Habour front area (Queens Quay)
Wander around CNE area.
Liberty village is just North of there.
Casa Loma area
Around UofT harbor st.
High Park
Old Mill area

Sometimes later on in the evening I’ll ride Bayview - pottery road - O’Connor - St Clair - Kingston Rd to 401 and back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anyone here been to French River up North? is it nice? I think it's near the Algonquin area

It is north of perry sound and when I did my lake superior run it was closed. probably because of the forest fires that way.

Sent from the moon!

Sometimes later on in the evening I’ll ride Bayview - pottery road - O’Connor - St Clair - Kingston Rd to 401 and back.
+1 for this. Very close to my daily commute. I could take DVP, but this is more interesting and less gridlock. Just watch the cars on Bayview, for some reason drivers lose their brains on this stretch-too many blind illegal u-turns.

Habour front area (Queens Quay)
Wander around CNE area.
Liberty village is just North of there.
Casa Loma area
Around UofT harbor st.
High Park
Old Mill area
Yeah, all this, except maybe Liberty Village. Too many zombie pedestrians wandering into the street.
If you're around Danforth and Woodbine, south on Woodbine into Lakeshore, and stay on Lakeshore across to High Park and putter around there. Come back via Dupont then Davenport.
Chaplin Crescent and Avenue Rd are alright too, if you're in the area.

Do you like bicycling? If so, I would take the bicycle straight down Woodbine to the Martin Goodman Trail and ride along the waterfront. It's an alternative to putting around town sweating on the moto this time of year.

anyone here been to French River up North? is it nice? I think it's near the Algonquin area

North Bay
very popular fishing area

flows west from Nippising to Georgian Bay
provincial park where the river meets the bay
not really near Algonquin

not aware of a riding attraction

Last edited:
My riding budy made up a bunch of local rides for newer riders - the website is down but some routes seem to be available.

[video=youtube;IteyEunXwro]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IteyEunXwro[/video]

google tour wingnutty.ca

I'll see if I can get in contact with Gord.

Do you like bicycling? If so, I would take the bicycle straight down Woodbine to the Martin Goodman Trail and ride along the waterfront. It's an alternative to putting around town sweating on the moto this time of year.

I actually sold my bicycle when I bought my first motorcycle. It just ended up collecting dust. I do enjoy riding sure, I used to bike to work around Bloor and Yonge from Woodbine and Danforth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ye, my route usually ends up being O'Connor > Pottery > Bayview > Eastern > Lakeshore > DVP > O'Connor > Woodbine

I don't always do that but thats essentially the run I usually take.

You guys talking about outside of the city.. those are day trips, which I may add I am trying to take one this Saturday.

This thread was meant for those like, after work hour rips around the city.

Done that a few times. Nice ride. Agree with you. Good for health reason also. Not that the motorcycle does not give you a work out. Does me. Both mentally and physically.

MTB or road bike. Used to inline skate, gave that up, not enough time. Got a small gym at home. However, the motorbike get most of my time.

There’s a book called “150 interesting and unusual things to see in Ontario”. Grab it. There a ton of GTA locations that’ll give you places to ride to as a destination, even if the roads are not spectacular...but sometimes just having a goal in mind is way nicer.

I rode to 101 of the 150 places in the book last year, only missing the ones from about Kitchener / London and west...and a few way up north that you needed to take a plane or a train to reach.

And there are a few surprises in the GTA with nice roads that you may not have otherwise found.

I'm looking for these kinds of road as well. So far my favourites in Toronto are bayview/rosedale valley and don mills (sheppard to hwy 7, kinda winding, not too much scenery tho).

I live near steeles so I don't go to downtown that often. My 1 1/2 - 2 hrs ride will be in the Pine Valley Drive and King City area. Or westbound on Steeles pass McCowan (Rouge park).

I'm looking for these kinds of road as well. So far my favourites in Toronto are bayview/rosedale valley and don mills (sheppard to hwy 7, kinda winding, not too much scenery tho).

I live near steeles so I don't go to downtown that often. My 1 1/2 - 2 hrs ride will be in the Pine Valley Drive and King City area. Or westbound on Steeles pass McCowan (Rouge park).

Do you mean eastbound on Steeles past McCowan (actually past Markham (hwy 48 This would be rouge river area.
Basically Steeles east past Markham road, hit Reesor rd, Sewells, old finch, Meadowvale Rd around the zoo. Probably want to hit Twyn Rivers Dr if you are around there as well. I also like Scarborough Pickering Town line (York Durham Line), then catch Aurora Rd)
Ninth around Musselman's lake is fun as well.

Back
Top Bottom