Track days that allow engine ice? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Track days that allow engine ice?

Are you planning to track anytime this year, or are you more planning for next year?
Season is getting close to ending.

I'm planning to go to a few track days (I think there are 2-3 at Cayuga left.) this year.
I just realized I could leave the bike in my office's heated garage over winter. I flushed it last night. It hasn't blown up yet. :D

Always a positive sign...

Hello,

TL;DR: Are there any track day organization that allows engine ice on track?

I just did my phase 1 at FAST a while ago and am in love. I look forward to going to tracks more often but there is one major block for me: coolant.
I live in an apartment and don't own a lot of tools. I am not comfortable with doing the flush myself anyway. I am considering getting a mechanic to do it for the next season and switch back to anti-freeze before winter hits. I don't think it worth it for this season but I now have to itch.
Is there any place that don't require bikes on water/water-wetter?

EDIT: found a thread asking for places to buy engine ice years ago and started a war on track day safeties. Hopefully that doesn't happen here.

Same here, I did it in the parking lot of my condo. Theoretically you're not allowed to do it and I strongly suggest that you do NOT do it in your condo parking lot unless you really know what you're doing.
You can have the coolant spill everywhere very easily and make a mess.

1- If you're not handy with the bike it means you already have or should have a mechanic checking the bike before the season starts, make them remove the coolant.
2- If you already do maintenance on your bike yourself (probably not you case) then you'll have no problem changing the coolant. Just put extra care the first time you do it.

Update:
Thanks for all the encouragement. I did the flush a while ago and already went to 2 track days (and a low side :()
It was a bit nerve wrecking when I first put the fairing back together and found 3 fasteners left over, but in general it went well.

If you aren't crashing you aren't learning! Hahahaha

Back
Top Bottom