Colorado. ..routes south of 70 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Colorado. ..routes south of 70

theshnizzle

Site Supporter
Heading out that way in sept. I was going to take 36 across the midwest,I don't think I can stomach hours of 80 mph on the interstate,anyway, I am looking for input and recommendations for routes and roads,paved,south of interstate 70 on Colorado.

I was going to drop down off 36 and enter at Colorado springs. Wind my way over to 550 then up to moab then down to monument valley. Then maybe Las vegas, just cause, and pop over to death valley.

Then back across via Santa fe,albequrqe ect,ect. Maybe up to taos. Dunno exactly. But that's the rough idea. More or less.

Any suggestions,campgrounds from those who have been welcomed

When I was out that way last year I went a bit further North and came back southern and through Colorado Springs. I stopped in Grand Junction and from there made my way to Moab taking a longer route. Was worth it, amazing riding the entire way to Moab. Took the Colorado 141 which is just endless curvy roads and stunning scenery. Only a few pictures as I hate stopping trying to capture the moment that will never be anywhere close to the enjoyment of the moment

Screen Shot 2018-08-20 at 10.12.32 AM

Screen Shot 2018-08-20 at 10.12.48 AM

IMG_0246

IMG_0251

Attachments

• BaseCamp.kmz.zip
    25.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
We did the same ride last August only in reverse. Shipped our bikes to Las Vegas, on to Williams Arizona (Grand Canyon), north to Monument Valley and Monticello Utah. East to Durango then north on 550 to Delta, Colorado. From there we took 133 north to Glenwood Springs and route 70 home.
We were blown away by the roads and would do it again in a heartbeat. Really, there are no bad roads in that area.

Not to highjack the thread but can you give more details on shipping bikes? Thx Beautiful pics btw
We did the same ride last August only in reverse. Shipped our bikes to Las Vegas, on to Williams Arizona (Grand Canyon), north to Monument Valley and Monticello Utah. East to Durango then north on 550 to Delta, Colorado. From there we took 133 north to Glenwood Springs and route 70 home.
We were blown away by the roads and would do it again in a heartbeat. Really, there are no bad roads in that area.

I did not organize the trip but this is what I know:
There were nine riders and we rented a 26 ft truck from Penske in Buffalo. Loaded the bikes in Hamilton and drove on to Las Vegas with two drivers. The rest of us flew one way to Las Vegas and met up. Once in Las Vegas we off loaded the bikes and dropped the truck off at a local Penske dealer. Current truck cost is about $2134.00 US plus fuel and motels for the drivers. One way air tickets were about $230.00 CDN then. Worked out quite well, the hard part is getting nine guys committed.

Back
Top Bottom