Mouse near bike | GTAMotorcycle.com

Mouse near bike

Noob28

So earlier this week I started my bike after 2 days and I heard a loud pop and saw a mouse run away. Then today I started my bike and was checking around and I stepped on a mouse on the ground and later on it died and I made sure. I heard mouses make nest inside bikes but I thought that was when a bike was in storage for a long time, did I just avoid a disaster lol?

Check the airbox & under the seat, look for a nest or chewed wires

There are always mice around to some extent. I keep baited traps in the garage and in my basement all year round. Sometimes I get plenty of mice, sometimes none for a year. Cheap insurance.

There are always mice around to some extent. I keep baited traps in the garage and in my basement all year round. Sometimes I get plenty of mice, sometimes none for a year. Cheap insurance.

Yeah I might have to consider something like that

Mice need 3 things to survive.Food,water and shelter.Most garages have all three in abundance.Get rid of those and you'll get rid of them.A ball of string or a pair of old gloves can be chewed up for shelter.Wild bird seed or lawn seed can sustain them.Water is easy.

Garage cleaning time!

I read somewhere that mice don't like the smell of Irish Spring soap so when I moved to a country home last year with a 2.5 garage I put the packaged mothballs as well as the bags of mice poison pellets and Irish Spring bars around the garage especially in entry points. Been here a year and no mice so far.
Have a large shed as well with rider mower, snowblower, etc and have put the same items in there. Nothing over the winter but I did see one mouse in there and two chewed poison traps late-Spring but nothing since. I'd recommend those tricks for any garage/shed.

I bought the plug in ultrasonic mice repellant things for the shed and the garage. Been just about a year. So far so good.

Sent from my purple G4 using Tapatalk

The little buggers are everywhere. Even when you feel secure that you haven't got any, one day you pick up or move something and you find a chewed up stinking mess.

My KTM SMT has space under the seat for the tool kit and some left over for other stuff. Unfortunately that other stuff ends up being mice. A couple days in the garage and I've got a rodent-squatter.

I've added a sachet filled with black pepper, cayenne and thyme recently and that seemed to help, but leaving the seat off or ajar words too.

I'm probably going spray some peppermint oil or try the bounce sheets or other combo of all suggestion, its in a shed so I don't have a outlet to plug in a ultrasonic mice repellent. Thanks for the suggestion guys.

I want to get this trap, looks awesome. No poison. Can dispose of the carcasses in the local ravine (will be scavenged). Our backyard tomatoes, cucumbers, fruit tree, grapes, raspberries were decimated by squirrels this year, so they may be targetted as well.

[video=youtube_share;BqlwUXP-ubI]https://youtu.be/BqlwUXP-ubI[/video]

I always keep a few baited mouse traps in the garage and basement, I personally never had a problem with them but I have heard from others that have. Like mentioned, its cheap insurance and stick a bunch of scented dryer sheets all over your bike in winter. In another month or so they will start looking for warmth so its better to be proactive.

I put out the bait traps but I guess the mice ate all the bait. My little tool kit I left on the floor all winter. They also ate through some wiring 3 years back on my old DL650.

1mBzw18.gif

vXQnLae.gif

Re: bait traps - you have to read the label. In the good old days, they were all warfarin based, but nowadays a lot of the bait stations are corn based. Supposed to dehydrate the little critters, LoL. My voles just get fat off it and multiply. Need to find some of the real rat poison! Or get that CO2 activated trap...

1/2 a can of Coke + 1 roll of fly paper. My bro controls rodents at his farm using this -- he says they don't get 2' from the bait after taking a sip.

I posted about one a couple of months ago and finally got it in a glue trap. I sealed any holes in the brickwork and got a plug in sonic deterrent. Last week I found out where it had nested, in a box of rags about six feet off the ground. It had to climb a concrete block wall to get there.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom