The next race bike - Page 6

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: The next race bike

Re: The next race bike

Brian,

I'm very interested in the air/fuel gauge portion of this project. Where exactly are you hooking it up to on the throttle bodies? How accurate will it be? I'm assuming you will be using it to check against the inputs on the PC map. Are you customizing your own map(s)?

Quote Originally Posted by Slick_Steveo View Post
    Brian,

I'm very interested in the air/fuel gauge portion of this project. Where exactly are you hooking it up to on the throttle bodies? How accurate will it be? I'm assuming you will be using it to check against the inputs on the PC map. Are you customizing your own map(s)?
    O2 sensor goes in the exhaust manifold, normally after the pipes from individual cylinders combine. If you are really going to the bleeding edge, you could try and put one in each header, but most people don't do this.

To help the sensor last longer, you want it angled so condensation will drain out of it. In practice that means the body of the sensor is placed almost horizontal in most applications as there isn't room above the pipe to accommodate the sensor placed vertically.
    Last edited by GreyGhost; 10-12-2018 at 09:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GreyGhost View Post
    O2 sensor goes in the exhaust manifold, normally after the pipes from individual cylinders combine. If you are really going to the bleeding edge, you could try and put one in each header, but most people don't do this.

To help the sensor last longer, you want it angled so condensation will drain out of it. In practice that means the body of the sensor is placed almost horizontal in most applications as there isn't room above the pipe to accommodate the sensor placed vertically.
    I don't think he is talking about an o2 sensor. If this was the case, he could have just bought the auto tune device for the PVC

Quote Originally Posted by Evoex View Post
    Should have held out for the ninja 400.

God its beautiful!

https://www.rideapart.com/articles/2...-and-adorable/

here; fixed that for you. wink.
    DEMOCRACY - NOT PLUTOCRACY www.globalresearch.ca

Same wideband O2 (lambda) sensor for a gauge or for an autotune device. The difference was ... I already had the gauge. Might as well use it.

The new R3 appears to be more or less the same under the skin as the old one. Same engine. Inverted forks but they are smaller diameter. The ergonomic changes on the street bike are academic on a race bike where you end up installing new bars and footpegs anyhow. The cosmetic changes don't mean anything to me. I'm fine with having bought the old one at half the price of what this new one will be ...

On a related note, I saw on facebook that Snow City Cycle has a number of outgoing model R3s that they are blowing out in advance of the new model. $4k for a new noncurrent one. That is a good deal.

I just read the article.

I like the appearance; they've fixed some awkward aspects of the old model's styling.

I don't like the bar graph tachometer. Give me a pointer on a dial (like the old one) any day.

Stock handlebars still look way high, and it appears that there is fairing clearance to lower them, BUT ... It looks to me like the newfangled upper triple clamp that they brag about is one piece with the handlebars. Ugh. (KTM RC390 is also like this.) Thanks for making life miserable (or making people buy a whole new different, aftermarket upper triple clamp) if you don't like the stock handlebar position ... and heaven help if you crash it.

Meh. I'll take what I've got.

Quote Originally Posted by boyoboy View Post
    here; fixed that for you. wink.
    Ninja doesn't hold a candle to this in the looks department.

But you'll be happy to hear the '19 ZX6R took the lights from the 400!
    14' GROM - Stretched & slammed beast
    17' FZ09 - Totaled by a left turner
    15' R3 - Sold but missed.
    "Don't confuse my attitude with my personality. My personality is who i am, my attitude depends on who you are."