Anything between track and street? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anything between track and street?

Different but comparable IMO. Out on two wheels away from street craziness. I mostly gave up track because trying to line up schedules for friends to go to the track with was making getting to the already limited amount of track days difficult. Plus it was the same 2-3 tracks over and over mostly. I still do the odd trackday on friends rides.

I can ride trails or dirt track any day I want and find a riding partner for each day.

Price-wise, they're both as expensive as you want to get. I built my 07 GSXR600 for $6000 and sold it for the same. Last years dirtbike was $5500 and I purchased a new one this season for $12,000. It's all how far down the rabbit hole you want to get.

I dont really factor in the cost of the bike tho, you can get around the track on a $2k lost era bike or a $80k HP4, i was thinking more along the lines of consumables, tires, cost of track days, cost of crashing etc, everything that you keep on paying for after you bought the bike.
the cost of a yearly membership at the Ganaraska forest doesnt get you on the track at Calabogie for 1 day

Private property owned usually by trials enthusiasts.A farm with a ravine and creek is usually good.10 acres is plenty.Here is one of our really cool spots with a huge variety of terrain.https://www.google.ca/maps/@42.9180054,-79.8635609,460m/data=!3m1!1e3
To ride our events you need a trials bike, (trials tires,no knobbies) $40 CVMG membership (anually) for insurance and a $5 entry fee.Zoom out of the google map.You will be surprised where this is.No other riding is permitted there at any time by anyone.The SOCT has about 10 locations.

Only two green queens and a blue frenchman? Is that a typo? That sort of spare change wouldn't survive the price list at a Toronto cafe! Let's see if I can survive the downpour of FAQs and acronyms. Then I might have some questions for you and that lemur guy.

Only two green queens and a blue frenchman? Is that a typo? That sort of spare change wouldn't survive the price list at a Toronto cafe! Let's see if I can survive the downpour of FAQs and acronyms. Then I might have some questions for you and that lemur guy.
Yes,those numbers are correct.There is the cost of the bike as well and they aren't cheap.A new trialer is about $11k on average,but used good ones can be had for half that.They are also very easy to transport because they only weigh 160lb max.Fire away with the questions.

I dont really factor in the cost of the bike tho, you can get around the track on a $2k lost era bike or a $80k HP4, i was thinking more along the lines of consumables, tires, cost of track days, cost of crashing etc, everything that you keep on paying for after you bought the bike.
the cost of a yearly membership at the Ganaraska forest doesnt get you on the track at Calabogie for 1 day

Dont forget generators, tire warmers, stands, camping gear if youre doing a sleep over, the trailer needed to haul all that crap....etc.....

Im not sure the membership for ganny gets you half a pro 6 day lol.

... i was thinking more along the lines of consumables, tires, cost of track days, cost of crashing etc, everything that you keep on paying for after you bought the bike...

Other then travel and the initial bike cost, Trials competition is the cheapest motorcycle competition you will ever find. We crash frequently, break stuff rarely, bikes and body don't take anywhere near the beating and parts wear that go fast motorcycle sports do, riding gear is relatively cheap. I hope to compete until at least 80 years of age. Entry fee for a sanctioned event is typically 25$ per rider, sometimes there is even a cash back prize for the winners in each class. Some events you can ride for free if you supply a checker, so in theory if I ride real good in Tweed and my wife checks :D I could in theory turn a small profit from riding this Sunday.

How does one go about trying to get on a trial bike just for a fun day out without investing into the sport? Im intrigued.

Last edited:
How does one go about trying to get on a trial bike just for a fun day out without investing into the sport? Im intrigued.
Make friends with somebody who owns 2 of them ;)

Back
Top Bottom