Well I think I'm done with street SS bikes... | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Well I think I'm done with street SS bikes...

My average Saturday consists of somewhere between 400 and 800 km of riding. 200km gets me nowhere. There's a reason I no longer ride a ss.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Go down a displacement class or two. All of the lightweight-class bikes are standard bikes in sport-bike attire. Handlebars are above the upper triple clamp, footpeg positioning is rational for street riding, etc. The Yamaha R3 is an excellent street bike. So is the Ninja 400. So is the Honda CBR500, and with that one you can pick whether it looks like a mini sport bike, mini naked bike, or mini adventure bike.

You don't get fancy adjustable suspension bits in this class ... but the savings on the price of entry, and savings on insurance, will pay for some upgrades.

I was in a position where I could buy pretty well anything . I always liked SS bikes . But since the stun driving laws came in they went down on the list . My bike may not be the fastest . But it keeps me entertained . 10 years old and I`m still happy with it .

Sit on a few cruisers/adventure/sport touring see if they fit your needs .

I think I might have found the bike. It's a 2011 kawasaki ninja 1000. Looks sporty with upright riding position plus also can get hard bags for side and rear. Btw anyone know where to find those bags?

I think I might have found the bike. It's a 2011 kawasaki ninja 1000. Looks sporty with upright riding position plus also can get hard bags for side and rear. Btw anyone know where to find those bags?

Most local shops have access to givi. Also try twistedthrottle.

Nice choice with the bike.

Neat-o!

Givi has literally the worse website on the planet lol...

Anyways hope to check out the bike tomorrow. It has 220 kilometers on it for real lol.

Even if that particular one doesn't work out - if you can find another one, it's an excellent choice. Friend of mine has had one for the last few years.

The Z1000 is the same bike, without full fairing and windshield, slightly different handlebar position, and that would also be a great choice.

Oh it isn't. The guy wants 10500 for it which to me is absolutely too much. Plus I have read some things that would make me want to stay away regardless.

I will find the right person for trade or cash...

Dont think I can manage a street SS anymore. Body cant take the abuse on my back plus the wife rides a cruiser so we cant really ride for fun together. I want to take longer trips with her more then I want to rip ramps with the guys around town...

I hate to say it but I'm getting older and need a crui....a naked standard touring bike thing lol...

Maybe I just get more into track days and a dedicated track bike...

My brother went to Europe and talked to some riders. He told them about how we ramp in Ontario.

They started laughing out of pity at us :'(

Ramp? Like on ramps? Didn't know that was a thing
油井緋色;2590640 said:
My brother went to Europe and talked to some riders. He told them about how we ramp in Ontario.

They started laughing out of pity at us :'(

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Yep that's the only thing done by ss bike riders here in windsor. There are no roads to ride and enjoy twists and turns. It's really hard to get into coming from the PNW.

Ramp? Like on ramps? Didn't know that was a thing

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

******** lol

Most of Ontario is as flat as every Asian I've dated in the past.

油井緋色;2590674 said:
******** lol

Most of Ontario is as flat as every Asian I've dated in the past.
LMFAO

Sent from my purple G4 using Tapatalk

Great places to track a bike here in Ontario.

Lots of roads with plenty of turns and changes in elevation if you look for them. The caveats being, you can’t really drag a knee as they are generally in residential areas.

Fun for the cruiser dudes such as myself with an open face helmet and glaring chrome, they can be fun! Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom