Is a ninja 250 handlebar really one piece? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Is a ninja 250 handlebar really one piece?

Jaymod

Site Supporter
The short answer is yes! It most certainly is.
The longer answer is that the bar has a plug in the end that is welded in place, and then there is a cap that has a bigger diameter then the tube welded to the end.
i found this out the hard way. I thought I could drill and tap the plug, then use a slide hammer to pull the plug out, that would allow the tube to come out from the mount.well that’s not the case,ended up breaking off the mounting tab. I should have just put it in the mill from the start.
a fine member from this forum (aloyas thank you very much) bailed me out as there was no budget for handlebars.
anyway I found this out when I cut it in half, I have tried to post the pictures but it’s not working for me I can’t get the pictures small enough. I thought I made a donation to make this easier,anyway if I could email them to someone maybe they could make them appear. P.S. I don’t have a computer

Upload pics to imgur, tinypic or similar site. Copy links from that site and paste here. To keep GTSM bandwidth usage low, it does not host useful sized pics.

nBiyVMa
Upload pics to imgur, tinypic or similar site. Copy links from that site and paste here. To keep GTSM bandwidth usage low, it does not host useful sized pics.
Did I do it right?

In the pics you can see how bad the bar is bent, no idea how I missed that. You can also see how it would be impossible for that bar to ever leave the mount. I showed the depth so if anyone ever wants to mill out the bar to replace it they will have the depth.. do not try to pull it out!! LOL I should have known but I never would have guessed that All the pieces were welded together, and the mount cast around it.

not for anything, but its fairly well known that they don't come apart. I've straightened a few, but you have to be careful on the throttle side, depends on where its bent.

After 2 race seasons of throwing them in the garbage, we went with clip ons that are cheaper to replace.

not for anything, but its fairly well known that they don't come apart. I've straightened a few, but you have to be careful on the throttle side, depends on where its bent.

After 2 race seasons of throwing them in the garbage, we went with clip ons that are cheaper to replace.
It might be well known that they’re “one piece” but I couldn’t find an explanation of how they are one piece, and they are clearly not one piece looking at them. I thought it was interesting so I figured I would share. A machinist such as myself armed with these pics could turn them into clipons where you use set screws to hold the bar in place from the bottom, keeping the stock look.

It might be well known that they’re “one piece” but I couldn’t find an explanation of how they are one piece, and they are clearly not one piece looking at them. I thought it was interesting so I figured I would share. A machinist such as myself armed with these pics could turn them into clipons where you use set screws to hold the bar in place from the bottom, keeping the stock look.
Nice ...I think it's cool that local machinists are forward thinking. If only pricing for parts for these bikes could be competitive.

A couple years ago, I asked a guy I know to make me some shift rods.....his pricing was through the roof

Anyhow.. .good luck with your quest...racers are always looking for bars, levers and rearsets....especially for the entry level bikes...

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Nice ...I think it's cool that local machinists are forward thinking. If only pricing for parts for these bikes could be competitive.

A couple years ago, I asked a guy I know to make me some shift rods.....his pricing was through the roof

Anyhow.. .good luck with your quest...racers are always looking for bars, levers and rearsets....especially for the entry level bikes...

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Maybe you misunderstood me, I have no interest in making them for other people. I just wanted to show what’s inside. As far as pricing goes for getting work done, most guys don’t want to be at work any longer then they have to be, and if they are time and a half would be good start. Most people don’t understand what’s involved in manual machining, and almost never supply a drawing. So now you have to design, and machine the piece. Not a ton of fun after eight hours, and a tea or cold beer is calling your name. It has to save me a bunch of money, or make my life way easier just to do it for my self. Take for example, I would like to make fork preload adjusters, but 1 hour to design, and 6 or seven hours (that’s a very low estimate) of tool time to make it look half decent.. do the math, it’s better just to save $20-$30 a month and buy them.

Back
Top Bottom