iPhone calendar issues | GTAMotorcycle.com

iPhone calendar issues

Shwarider

Hey folks I signed out of iCloud signed back in and everything in my calendar is gone

Does anyone know what happened?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe your device changed the default calendar to a different one than you normally use???

Check it (and change it) here:

Settings—Calendar—Default Calendar

Maybe your device changed the default calendar to a different one than you normally use???

Check it (and change it) here:

Settings—Calendar—Default Calendar

All calendars show the same.

apple decided to clear your schedule
Thanks Tim!

but seriously
one day I plugged my iphone 4 in to the PC to charge
itunes started itself and erased all my non-apple music

the next day I became an android fanbois

Sign into your iCloud account via web browser (icloud.com) and see if your Calendar events exist there.

Through the 100s of Apple devices I've setup or walked through setting up, I find that anything with active syncing are a bit finicky (ie. iCloud and Exchange mailboxes/calendars/contacts). Sometimes require a restart after adding the account and a refresh.

[RANT]
Hated how Apple didn't allow you to set an Outgoing Port when setting up a mailbox until you've already tried to "verify" and failed, then go back into the mail settings to apply the change.
Of course now in iOS 11, they decided to change the Settings categories around and now I gotta figure out what version of iOS a user is running to walk them through.
[/rant]

Last edited:
Sign into your iCloud account via web browser (icloud.com) and see if your Calendar events exist there.

Exactly what I was going to suggest. I'd bet that you'll find it's all still there.

Make sure you're signed into the same iCloud account. Somehow over the years I've ended up with about 3 (@me.com, @icloud.com, @gmail.com) and a few times in the past I've accidentally changed accounts when I signed out (or GOT signed out) of iCloud on my phone and signed back in on the wrong account.

Ok guys when I use safari and go to iCloud.com this is what I see. There is no log in. If I click the first set up Option then it takes me to What you see km the second picture

ca5336bc755e238eb0fca76c0bfaee58.png

44ec57e857de76f423ac44ae2ef4c319.png

You need to use a desktop computer - on the iPhone there are apps for all the icloud functions so the website directs you to those.

If you're using the Safari browser, you should be able to hold down the Refresh icon when you're on iCloud.com and click "Request Desktop Site".
Should be able to do the same if you're using Chrome when you open up it's settings. I don't remember the layout (and don't have an iPhone) so I can't really direct you there.

Otherwise, use a Desktop/laptop.

If you're using the Safari browser, you should be able to hold down the Refresh icon when you're on iCloud.com and click "Request Desktop Site".

I actually didn't expect the "request desktop site" option to work on the iPhone itself (so many websites seem to make the choice to ignore this and still force feed you the mobile version of the site), but I just tried it...and sure enough, it does actually work.

I actually didn't expect the "request desktop site" option to work on the iPhone itself (so many websites seem to make the choice to ignore this and still force feed you the mobile version of the site), but I just tried it...and sure enough, it does actually work.

Hazzah!

Their own browser's feature better work on their own site... lol

Hazzah!

Their own browser's feature better work on their own site... lol

Indeed...it's just so frustrating to find 90% of websites refusing to honour the request for desktop vs mobile sites (I HATE mobile sites, I always opt for the full desktop site on my phone) that I somehow expected even Apple to fall prey to that.

Back
Top Bottom