Short term rental for a few months

Thread: Short term rental for a few months

Short term rental for a few months

Forum Sponsor
    While our house is getting renovations done, we need a place to live for 2-3 months starting around Sept 1st.
    I've looked on Kijiji and now looking for other suggestions of places to look.

Looking to keep the rent at $2500/month or less.
    A smaller house is preferred but will look at condo's too.
    Minimum 2 bedroom is preferred (large 1+1's can also work).
    2 parking spots is preferred.
    Ideally Mississauga, but will also go as far as south Toronto.
    Furnished or not - we can make either work.

Any ideas?
    The Big Map of Ontario's Best Roads.

https://www.mixcloud.com/shanekingsley/ - House music, Drum'nBass and Downtempo mixed sets

Re: Short term rental for a few months

Realtor.ca

You can search for rentals. A quick search brings up condos in Mississauga and a few small homes in south etobicoke. Might not be open to a short-term rental though.

At this point, might be best to contact a real estate agent to find you a short-term rental.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We've rented furnished places for > month through AirBnB. If you find a place you like, check their calendar for long-term availability. Then rent for a couple of days, get in contact with the owner in person and see if they're amenable to renting the place out to you long term outside of the AirBnB system (bypassing all the fees). Most places have weekly and monthly discounts listed on AirBnB, so you can start your pricing negotiations off that. Typically the monthly rate will be 50-60% of the daily rate.

Thanks.

I checked with my agent and also on Realtor.ca - some decent options, but none are agreeable to short term - all minimum one-year lease.

Will check Air BnB.

https://www.mixcloud.com/shanekingsley/ - House music, Drum'nBass and Downtempo mixed sets

Quote Originally Posted by shanekingsley View Post
    Thanks.

I checked with my agent and also on Realtor.ca - some decent options, but none are agreeable to short term - all minimum one-year lease.

Will check Air BnB.
    Hey Shane, how big are the vehicles? My neighbour a few doors down sometimes rents his basement for short periods. I think it is a 1 bedroom though, and in Vaughan.

Sent from my purple G4 using Tapatalk
    Originally Posted by inreb

His wife would.love to tools user the tree. You know, user the tree. To tools.

Thanks Joe.
    We have a Civic and a Volt and my bike.

Vaughan would work for me because I work in Scarberia, but if we can't find a place close to home, then we hope it's going to be close to the lake.

I did find a couple more places and reached out to them, so we'll see if anyone bites.

2 Glen Elm Ave rents furnished apartments (up to 3 bed) short term. I have family that uses this place as their Toronto home for the summer. I don't know the price but I assume it's not cheap. If the location works for you, it's worth inquiring.

Would you consider early storage for the bike? Do you need a plug in for the Volt?

Have you done a search on apartment hotels? Your situation isn't totally rare. An executive comes to town for a few months to whip a company into shape or an engineer overseeing a project etc.

I've done service work at 2 Glen Elm but only seen the garage. I recall parking was not being overly abundant. The same company has other properties in the area. Yonge / St Clair.

What works for the Mrs location wise?

Thanks. Found a place today. It's near College/Dufferin - my old stompin grounds!
    2 bedroom in a house with 2 car parking + parking for the bike, for exactly as long as we wanted it for.
    Backyard to relax and utilities included all for just over $2k/month.

Can't wait to eat me some Roti every day!

Quote Originally Posted by shanekingsley View Post
    Thanks. Found a place today. It's near College/Dufferin - my old stompin grounds!
    2 bedroom in a house with 2 car parking + parking for the bike, for exactly as long as we wanted it for.
    Backyard to relax and utilities included all for just over $2k/month.

Can't wait to eat me some Roti every day!
    Congrats !!! Glad it worked out for ya

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk