Kawasaki Versys 650 2012 Starting Issue! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Kawasaki Versys 650 2012 Starting Issue!

silent19

Hi Everyone,

I was riding my bike (2012 Kawasaki Versys 650) today and after a short stop my bike began sounding like this: https://streamable.com/4vxq0

I've checked the battery and it seems to be fine. Based on the clicking sound I'm guessing it might be the starter relay.

Any thoughts?

Appreciate the help!

I went through the same thing last spring with my versys. Checked through everything twice thinking the battery was too easy. Turned out to be the battery, no issues at all since replacement.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

The factory battery is a Yuasa YTX12-BS. $99.99 at Royal Distributing. I have also had (mostly) good luck with the Crank brand from Royal, $54.99 for the versys. However I do find that modern bikes with FI and fuel pump and way more electronics definitely need a strong reliable battery, Yuasa gives you that.
The Kapsco batteries you asked about I've heard mixed reviews, some swear by them while others won't touch them. I have no personal experience with their batteries but have dealt with them on other products and had good service experience.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

My buddy bought a Kapsco battery last year, bragging about the great deal he got. Two months later he had to open the wallet again and bought a Yuasa.

Not such a great deal after all, was it?

via Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom