Anyone into intermittent fasting or time restricted eating? | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anyone into intermittent fasting or time restricted eating?

... a whole army of intermittent fasters are there to contradict you with their results

look up leangains,

look up eat stop eat,

read up on a study based source that examines different sources in an objective way
https://examine.com/nutrition/the-low-down-on-intermittent-fasting/
(that website is a gold mine in terms of information on most things diet/health and fitness with links to studies mentioned etc)

If our ancestors needed 6 smaller meals a day to survive or stay healthy, the human race would not have made it through past centuries, or have been in better shape than our current generation of doused in overabundance and obesity.

and just for fun i looked up what they had to say about "starvation mode"
https://examine.com/nutrition/how-do-i-stay-out-of-starvation-mode/
At the same time, a whole army of 400lb poor people would disagree with them. I was one of them. Eating once a day due to poverty, I managed to reach nearly 400lbs. Breaking poverty levelled me off and started bringing me down slowly once I began eating normally. Switching to a lean, protein rich diet, consisting of frequent small meals(mainly bi-hourly protein shakes), and light exercise, I brought it down to 198.

BTW there are also vast hordes of people who think you can eat a stick of butter with a side of bacon and lose weight, they call it keto.

Dang man if I dont eat enough the pounds fly off and that's not good lol. The past few days I have just been too busy to eat but am still sticking to my times. Today I just weighed myself at 167 BOOOO!!! I'm going to have to really pay attention to getti g enough food in me dammit...

A good snack...
Plain Skyr (icelanic yogurt) with smashed up fruit, or lime. Good protein and calorie count while not too filling.

I've unintentionally been doing this for years. I generally am up and going by 4:45 most days. First meal at 2pm ish, dinner at 7-8ish and little or nothing else. I am 6'1" and 175lbs, have been a 32 waist since I was 16.
My problem is sleep, I haven't slept more than 5 hours in more than 10 years. It really affects energy levels. Nothing I do helps, I go to sleep like a log and without fail I'm up at 5 hours max. Should probably look into a sleep clinic.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk
I go to a decent one in Richmond Hill.
Have my next one in December

Sent from my purple G4 using Tapatalk

At the same time, a whole army of 400lb poor people would disagree with them. I was one of them. Eating once a day due to poverty, I managed to reach nearly 400lbs. Breaking poverty levelled me off and started bringing me down slowly once I began eating normally. Switching to a lean, protein rich diet, consisting of frequent small meals(mainly bi-hourly protein shakes), and light exercise, I brought it down to 198.

BTW there are also vast hordes of people who think you can eat a stick of butter with a side of bacon and lose weight, they call it keto.

I can see how this can happen but there area lot of factors going into it. What were you eating?
How much were you eating?
Was there any working out involved?

Etc...

This type of intermittent fasting or OMAD instead trying to get into a massive caloric deficit, it's aimed at eating during a certain window to promote the benefits of fasting within the body that are derived from SOME FORM of fasting.

Sure, there will most likely be a caloric deficit due to the shorter eating windows, but overall during the week the goal is to still consume the right amount of cals.

There are different levels to better eating or eating regiments...

For some people what's easier is counting calories in calories out
For some others it's about controlling the type of food eaten (lean protein or paleo or Atkins, etc)
Then you also get the people who can get better results by controlling when they eat (in my case when I did it it helped curb the useless snacking)

So it all depends on how it's done and what options are available to you when you do it. Glad you were able to lose the weight though :)

The results in the mirror and by what I'm hearing from friends and wife let me know it's working well. Without sounding like DB Im definately more cut and look bigger although I am around the same weight.

I never did eat poorly as my wife is a veggie but I am actually paying a bit more attention to what I eat. Believe me I still pig out and eat crap I shouldn't but no where near what I used to and that was even less then probably the average person.

Going well...

You can tell result in 12 days?

That's pretty good.

Maybe I'll give it a go. Ever since my daughter was born in December, my diet and workout went to ****.

Yes there is a noticeable difference. I didn't have a lot of fat and was in pretty good shape but this has made certain areas more shapely or cut.

You can tell result in 12 days?

That's pretty good.

Maybe I'll give it a go. Ever since my daughter was born in December, my diet and workout went to ****.

I hear you. Same thing happened here 5 years ago with me. Huge weight gain due to stop in exercise and lack of sleep and ..well.. diet wasn't as strict as it used to be. And then i started getting injury after injury when trying to workout to get back into shape due to the higher weight on a frame that's not made to support it along with hitting the 30s lol. Vicious circle

Gotta say some days are a lot harder then others lol. I can get through the hunger but sometime I just want to eat. WTF why cant I just eat lol

Since this is your first month, I commend and support you "fighting the urge".
I find drinking half a glass of water (instead of giving in to eating) will subside the hunger 90% of the time. Mostly a craving more than a necessity. Probably triggered by someone eating a lovely smelling lunch or walking by a damn good bakery on the way back to the office, that type of crap.

Once you drill that discipline in, I could recommend giving in if you will be hitting the gym that day, or just to reward yourself from time to time (but make it worth it, not just for some lousy chocolate bar)

My job makes it a bit tough being around food a lot of the time plus I carry a big cooler full of water and my lunch for the day. I do drink water to tide me over and I dont think it's being hungry or craving that gets to me sometimes. It's just the fact I want to eat cause that's what I am used to and like to do but now I cant. However I won't give in cause that's just who I am but I will complain about it lol...

It's been awhile so thought I would give an update...

It seems my weight hovers around 170 +/- 2lbs. I cant seem to gain any weight but I have managed to figure out how not to lose weight. I have now started eating a lot better or at least break my fasting state with better foods like fruits and vegetables. One thing i have noticed is my first meal out of a fast i really stuff myself and get a bloated feeling. I have curbed that bloating feeling a bit with better foods though. My body is definately losing fat cause I can see more definition especially in the arms shoulders chest and now mid to upper stomach. I have changed how I do my abs workout because my lower stomach and obliques seem to be pretty stubborn lol...and no I'm not saying I'm 6'5" 225lbs with 3% body fat mr Olympia....

Last edited:
Have you tried melatonin? Works wonders for me. It helps with the rem sleep and I usually feel great after
I've unintentionally been doing this for years. I generally am up and going by 4:45 most days. First meal at 2pm ish, dinner at 7-8ish and little or nothing else. I am 6'1" and 175lbs, have been a 32 waist since I was 16.
My problem is sleep, I haven't slept more than 5 hours in more than 10 years. It really affects energy levels. Nothing I do helps, I go to sleep like a log and without fail I'm up at 5 hours max. Should probably look into a sleep clinic.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I've tried thc oil but I dont like being high. I've tried sleeping pills but they are addictive and I feel drugged. I've tried melatonin but it literally does nothing. For me nothing helps my sleep so for years I've just slept like crap and dealt with it...

I've tried thc oil but I dont like being high. I've tried sleeping pills but they are addictive and I feel drugged. I've tried melatonin but it literally does nothing. For me nothing helps my sleep so for years I've just slept like crap and dealt with it...
CBD oil?

My cbd oil is not for sleep its used for pain management. They do make a combo thc/cbd but again it gets me high as a kite and that's a no go...

Last edited:
Strange, I don't know much about it, but I have read that nonTHC CBD oil is supposed to aid in sleep.
And back to original topic:
For the record I'm pretty much bavk to eating every waking hour....

Last edited:
I was prescribed indica thc oil for sleep and cbd oil for pain management. My doc said dont take the cbd too close to bedtime as it would keep me up and she was right. Now I dont know enough about weed but maybe it was sativa based or whatever and that's supposed to be heady while indica puts your body down? Who knows though cause I get high AF on the indica thc. The cbd oil for pain management is the bees knees fo'sho...

I'm just f'ed when it comes to sleep but it's been years now so whatever...

Back
Top Bottom