Anyone into intermittent fasting or time restricted eating? | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anyone into intermittent fasting or time restricted eating?

But Im STILL lagging I feel in terms of energy and im not sure why. Someone told me to get my testosterone levels checked.

I get 6.5-7 hours of sleep a day, maybe not the best but not bad either.

How much sunlight do you get? I am sure this has something to do with energy levels. I know winters are tough for sunlight, but I feel more energized once the winter goes and longer sunny days are around. This could be a whole other topic I guess.

How much sunlight do you get? I am sure this has something to do with energy levels. I know winters are tough for sunlight, but I feel more energized once the winter goes and longer sunny days are around. This could be a whole other topic I guess.

Hard to say, maybe a couple hours on average? I work ten hour shifts, sometimes I eat my lunch outside, I run for about half an hour every evening, when Im home I walk everywhere i need to go if Im doing errands. Weekends Im outside as much as possible.

My mood is also DRASTICALLY different in the winter, and it seems as tho the older I get the worse it becomes. Thats another issue Im trying to battle.

I gave the fasting thing a try, but I started at 7 am, and actually had my last meal of the day at work, it sucked when I was done my run tho, I was struggling to not snack on something. I dont feel any different today thus far.

Been intermittent fasting for over 2 years now, am a plant based eater and all vegan. Did 6 months on just fruits, in 4 years I've gone from being obese at 235lbs to 170lbs now, so over 65lbs lost and I'm 6ft tall so still built. I'm still learning, adapting, and trying to find the best balance.

I only do one good meal a day, break fasts with fruits only, and eat fruits first always. Don't touch refined sugars or grains, those are killers for such a lifestyle, same with processed foods. I no longer follow any strict timings, guidelines, rules, or even bother counting calories/nutrients. 100 calories from a donut and 100 calories from a carrot are night and day, cooked food vs raw, processed vs not, all affect the nutrients and aren't accurate.

Sleep is a good topic, and the thing to understand is the mind controls the body, and the mind and body both need rest. There are many fasters who go by on 4hrs of sleep and counter with meditation or restfulness, we get tired because of constant thinking, evaluating, stress, etc... with our lives, and factor in all the city light messing peoples circadian rhythms and melanin levels, most don't even get a solid 3 hours of deep sleep let alone 7 or 8. Second are beds, mattresses place stress on our backs and veins, not allowing building blocks to get to muscles easily at night so some wake up tense or feeling like they didn't get a good rest. I've been sleeping on the floor for 3 years now, and dread the pain of a mattress now :lmao:

This is all very interesting, especially your sleeping habits, waking up for me has never been easy.

Great thread. I've been curious about intermittent fasting for awhile and this thread gave me the kick I needed to try it. Been doing the last meal of the day before 8 pm and first meal around 12:30-1 pm since Sunday night. I used to have a protein/frozen fruit kinda shake in the morning and another snack around 10 am. So far it hasn't been a struggle to make it the afternoon without eating (although I do have few cups of black coffee). I'm going to keep it up a while longer just for fun, but, i'm only going do it on weekdays.

Last edited:
Still going strong here. I find the fasting part pretty easy and some feel like I could just keep pushing my first meal to 2 3 4pm. Thing is I dont want to cut my calories back and lose weight so with only a 6 5 4hr feeding window that might be hard to eat enough to keep on the weight or gain muscle.

Still going strong here. I find the fasting part pretty easy and some feel like I could just keep pushing my first meal to 2 3 4pm. Thing is I dont want to cut my calories back and lose weight so with only a 6 5 4hr feeding window that might be hard to eat enough to keep on the weight or gain muscle.

That's my concern too. I feel like I could push the window further into the afternoon but I'm not eating any more despite skipping breakfast and my mid morning snack. I'm not doing this as a weight loss effort, just something to do. After a couple weeks I will probably have to start eating more I think...

Since the start i have not lost Any weight so I'm pretty happy. My wife says it looks like I have put on healthy weight over the past month or two. I could easily eat more during my day but I have to make it healthy food calories which is harder to do being out on the road all day every day.

If i do start losing weight i will have to change some stuff up. I'll probably hit the store for a lot more fruits and veggies and meats or whatever lol. Although what I really want is chips...

Yeah, I figure if I do start losing weight I will just have to start drinking even more beer on the weekends to compensate.

Since the start i have not lost Any weight so I'm pretty happy. My wife says it looks like I have put on healthy weight over the past month or two. I could easily eat more during my day but I have to make it healthy food calories which is harder to do being out on the road all day every day.

If i do start losing weight i will have to change some stuff up. I'll probably hit the store for a lot more fruits and veggies and meats or whatever lol. Although what I really want is chips...

Great to see your feedback.
Oh boy do I know that feeling.. I still routinely destroy bags of chips. Favorite so far are the PC Siracha/Buffalo flavors that go on sale (often). And whenever I eat junk food, I am sure to make it to the gym that day and the next. Keeps me sane but boy do I appreciate those “cheat” snacks so much more. That said, I been off most junk foods for years.
Like I said earlier, I basically fast for 11 hours, twice in a 24 hour period. Breakfast (last night’s dinner leftovers, but I actually eat more at breakfast than dinner) at 6:30am, and dinner at 6:30pm, sometimes chips/yogurt/fruits before too late. Love it. No unappetizing rabbit foods and salads. Though I do make 1-2 vegetarian meals a week though.

I need some suggestions on "meals" that would be super high in calories. I can eat a big mac combo sure but looking more for some healthy calories if possible. I Dont have a huge eating window with work and other factors so I need to pack the most calories i can in a full meal not just snacks...

Hard to say, maybe a couple hours on average? I work ten hour shifts, sometimes I eat my lunch outside, I run for about half an hour every evening, when Im home I walk everywhere i need to go if Im doing errands. Weekends Im outside as much as possible.

My mood is also DRASTICALLY different in the winter, and it seems as tho the older I get the worse it becomes. Thats another issue Im trying to battle.

I gave the fasting thing a try, but I started at 7 am, and actually had my last meal of the day at work, it sucked when I was done my run tho, I was struggling to not snack on something. I dont feel any different today thus far.
I'm not diagnosing, but it sure does sound like SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder)
They sell a light that you can use in the winter that mimics sunlight.
Not sure how effective it is.

Sent from my purple G4 using Tapatalk

I need some suggestions on "meals" that would be super high in calories. I can eat a big mac combo sure but looking more for some healthy calories if possible. I Dont have a huge eating window with work and other factors so I need to pack the most calories i can in a full meal not just snacks...

Some ideas (you can portion up to your required caloric intake):

7a631f350f7d1748cda2f9895509e093.png
de065db2f68860208a130f1265f28baf.png
1fefe0fd5a4a6f115543cfdc831ad16d.png
17268803fd31d4d0676b7eed124c563d.png
1ce6f8aace951dc5afaa7880c89acd5f.png
8753d3727c192ac529d7d534ca44af59.png
1f60f81d894d155f790b9bc1b14d8856.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Surprising how many calories are in a medium avocado. For reference:

21f808fd2ecfe70d9099ffd053c2836c.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ummmm I'm sorry but none of those examples had doritos or tostitos or lays in them so I dont think it counts lol...

Seriously though thx...

Overall I dont think I'm getting the same amount of calories but I haven't lost weight so. At bedtime I was 173.2 Maybe I'll do it in the morning for shots and giggles lol

Last edited:
The lack of energy is hand in hand with the absence of weight loss. Infact you're more likely to gain. When you starve yourself, or fast, your metabolism shuts down. You go into starvation or conservation mode. Then when you eat your one meal, it doesn't get burned, it gets rationed. So the majority of your calories will automatically be stored as fat. This will leave you with weight gain and lethargy.

The lack of energy is hand in hand with the absence of weight loss. Infact you're more likely to gain. When you starve yourself, or fast, your metabolism shuts down. You go into starvation or conservation mode. Then when you eat your one meal, it doesn't get burned, it gets rationed. So the majority of your calories will automatically be stored as fat. This will leave you with weight gain and lethargy.
... a whole army of intermittent fasters are there to contradict you with their results

look up leangains,

look up eat stop eat,

read up on a study based source that examines different sources in an objective way
https://examine.com/nutrition/the-low-down-on-intermittent-fasting/
(that website is a gold mine in terms of information on most things diet/health and fitness with links to studies mentioned etc)

If our ancestors needed 6 smaller meals a day to survive or stay healthy, the human race would not have made it through past centuries, or have been in better shape than our current generation of doused in overabundance and obesity.

and just for fun i looked up what they had to say about "starvation mode"
https://examine.com/nutrition/how-do-i-stay-out-of-starvation-mode/

I've unintentionally been doing this for years. I generally am up and going by 4:45 most days. First meal at 2pm ish, dinner at 7-8ish and little or nothing else. I am 6'1" and 175lbs, have been a 32 waist since I was 16.
My problem is sleep, I haven't slept more than 5 hours in more than 10 years. It really affects energy levels. Nothing I do helps, I go to sleep like a log and without fail I'm up at 5 hours max. Should probably look into a sleep clinic.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Ummmm I'm sorry but none of those examples had doritos or tostitos or lays in them so I dont think it counts lol...

Seriously though thx...

Overall I dont think I'm getting the same amount of calories but I haven't lost weight so. At bedtime I was 173.2 Maybe I'll do it in the morning for shots and giggles lol

Do you like hummus? or DIY Guac? The big bag of bean chips at Costco is also mighty good.

... a whole army of intermittent fasters are there to contradict you with their results
Ditto. Would depend heavily on the types of food you eat. Carbs is okay, carbs with refined sugar = no bueno.

Dang man if I dont eat enough the pounds fly off and that's not good lol. The past few days I have just been too busy to eat but am still sticking to my times. Today I just weighed myself at 167 BOOOO!!! I'm going to have to really pay attention to getti g enough food in me dammit...

Back
Top Bottom