Anyone into intermittent fasting or time restricted eating? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anyone into intermittent fasting or time restricted eating?

Made it to 1145 today before eating. I wasnt doing it on purpose as my set time is 1030 but due to work I just couldn't get to it. Funny thing was it wasn't hard at all...

So far so good. I'm on my feeding state now and things are great lol. Well until 730pm lol

I am doing intermittent fasting (kind of) I was 205lbs down to 192lbs. A good day would be start eating around 1pm and finish around 8pm. so i don't restrict what i eat or how much I eat. the only restriction is when I eat. for the average guy, push breakfast/brunch to 1pm and stop eating around 8pm. try not to cheat like myself (coffee with cream and suger) during the fasting period. remember sleeping is counted towards your fasting period, bonus!

So now a couple days in and its surprisingly easy. My only complaint or issue is after my first food or meal or snack that breaks my fast I am usually light headed for about 15-30 min. The biggest positive for me is I haven't lost any weight. I was worried I would start dropping weight like crazy but I haven't been so I'm super happy...

I sort of do a version of IF full time, but with flexibility on the weekends—highly recommended.
I cook double portions, so I basically eat last night’s leftover dinner for breakfast, and dinner.
Eat at 6:30am, and typically don’t eat until 6:30pm.
Not eating during the working hours means less chance of post-lunch coma
And I quickly found what/how much I need to eat to maintain body weight, with some regularity in getting to the gym. (3-4x/week in summer, 4-5x in winter)
I also discovered which types of foods keep me fuller for longer (meat and beans), and which foods leave me craving for more food (vegetarian meals and carbs, all sugary snacks). If I know I can't get to the gym or do any physical activities, I will plan the meals for the day before and after accordingly. Either smaller portions, or to eat less protein.
For me, not needing to spend money on lunch is a big bonus, not having garlicy/coffee breath for meetings is another, and I’ve found that once I get the meal portions just right, my mental focus and attention throughout the day is at an all time high--my energy is dictated more on my quality of sleep, but IF probably has helped there as well.
I’m 30 and am in good shape, not cut single digit BF%, not a body builder/competition lifter—I lift to destress and keep myself from strangling a goat. I also don’t deprive myself of SOME indulgences—not so much sweets, but salty and savoury for sure. It definitely has helped me eat with a LOT more discipline 95% of the time, and not worry about going wild at a buffet or ice cream 2-3x a month.
The aforementioned links for Ben and Rhonda are great starts.
Eating is one pillar for better health, the others would be sleep, exercise and drinking water.
If you like Joe Rogan’s stuff, his podcast with Matthew Walker episode 1109 is a must listen regarding sleep. Cliffnote from 3 hours: You need 7-8 hours of sleep, anything less is not efficient. He details all the reasons.

Last edited:
Sleep you say....I think the only time I'll ever get any of that is when I'm gone lol

I was hoping somehow doing this might help..

According to the sleep expert, this is the conundrum.
You feel like you'll get all the sleep you want when you are gone, but the lack of (using this term loosely) proper sleep will effectively shorten your lifespan with higher chances of (insert ailment here). Stuff like heart disease, Alzheimers, etc etc.

If you aren't overwhelmed yet, another thing to read more about is the topic of how your "gut biome" can affect the rest of your body. If you have eaky creaky joints and ligaments or other ailments caused by inflammation, you might want to look into what you are eating, and see if you lack the gut friendly foods like probiotic yogurts, kimchee, etc. They say lack of proper gut cultures will lead to inflammation which leads to ________. In short, pop a non-kiddo-yogurt and eat some kimchee here and there.

OH, if you're eating heavily processed foods that your body struggles to digest properly, your body will be working overtime trying to figure out what to do with that crap while you sleep, leading to less fulfilling sleep. VS if you ate along the lines of a keto diet, simple unprocessed greens and protein, stuff that your body/ancestors have been accustomed to eating and digesting, your body will know what to do with it from thousands of years of evolution and turn what you eat into poop quicker, which means your body will be working LESS to digest while you sleep. Something like that. Disclaimer: Not an expert, just loosely cliff-noting what I can recall reading.

Last edited:
I saw a video yesterday where the guy was live streaming himself while sleep depriving himself... and He had a fatal heart attack while on camera.
He was a young(er) guy... may be early-mid 20s.

You feel like you'll get all the sleep you want when you are gone, but the lack of (using this term loosely) proper sleep will effectively shorten your lifespan with higher chances of (insert ailment here). Stuff like heart disease, Alzheimers, etc etc.

If you aren't overwhelmed yet, another thing to read more about is the topic of how your "gut biome" can affect the rest of your body. If you have eaky creaky joints and ligaments or other ailments caused by inflammation, you might want to look into what you are eating, and see if you lack the gut friendly foods like probiotic yogurts, kimchee, etc. They say lack of proper gut cultures will lead to inflammation which leads to ________. In short, pop a non-kiddo-yogurt and eat some kimchee here and there.

OH, if you're eating heavily processed foods that your body struggles to digest properly, your body will be working overtime trying to figure out what to do with that crap while you sleep, leading to less fulfilling sleep. VS if you ate along the lines of a keto diet, simple unprocessed greens and protein, stuff that your body/ancestors have been accustomed to eating and digesting, your body will know what to do with it from thousands of years of evolution and turn what you eat into poop quicker, which means your body will be working LESS to digest while you sleep. Something like that. Disclaimer: Not an expert, just loosely cliff-noting what I can recall reading.

Read a good piece in Men's health the other day that said the exact same things you're saying.

And the thing with sleep deprivation is you don't really feel it it's really subtle. And then after an accumulation of it you start "seeing" some of the weird things, reaction, cognition kicking in. I sleep deprived myself over the past 5 years (ever since we had kiddo #1) at first it was voluntary but now it's just a habit i have trouble kicking to the curb. And in the worse times (4-5hrs / night) i started getting brain fog and all that jibba jabba, doing dumb decisions on the motorbike, crashing real hard at work in the afternoon where if i didn't have a coffee at 1:30-2:00, i'd be falling literally asleep at 2:30...
It's serious business. And that damage is almost irreversible... like you can try to mitigate with a big vacation where you relax (not a go-go-go type of vacation) but in the end it's still taking away from your health and quality of life.

As for the gut... let me tell you, it's not always obvious to know what's causing issues to your body. A good way to help reset is by following the auto immune protocol. It's not for the faint of heart though, it's pretty hardcore and hard to follow. Long story short it eliminate most allergens that could cause your gut to inflame. What that does is allow your body to process and absorbs nutrients better (once the inflammation has gone away) and then once you start reintroducing foods, you will feel the effects more if a food is causing issues as instead of being in constant inflammation, you got from fine, to inflamed.
It's helped some people alleviate symptoms of pretty major diseases, helping their quality of life. I myself tried it for like 2 weeks and could keep going for another 2 but even in that timespan when i reintroduced certain foods i could feel some symptoms akin to my precursor to anaphylactic shock.

The body is quite the wonder i tell ya

If you're curious about AIP check it out
https://www.saragottfriedmd.com/is-the-autoimmune-protocol-necessary/

The biggest positive for me is I haven't lost any weight. I was worried I would start dropping weight like crazy but I haven't been so I'm super happy...

I am always worried about that. /s lol

Sent from my purple G4 using Tapatalk

Man I feel like I have a ton of energy and am in a great mood today. I dont know if it's anything to do with the new way but it is a change...

Things are going great so far...

Great thread guys........kind of the thing I've been looking for to try.

I am 39, and honestly I feel I am in the best shape of my life.

I cook all my own meals, and eat pretty damn healthy, do not keep carbs or junk food in the house. I dont have many cheat days in a month,(ie: pizza or ice cream) I am pretty discipline with my diet. I eat three meals a day. Normal breakfast, lunch and dinner.

I do a jail house routine of a bunch of exercises every day, and recently took up cycling and running.

I have a body I am pretty happy with, a weight im happy with, no concern there, its been going great.

But Im STILL lagging I feel in terms of energy and im not sure why. Someone told me to get my testosterone levels checked.

I get 6.5-7 hours of sleep a day, maybe not the best but not bad either.

Id like to maybe experiment with this.......any insight on my current situation is appreciated.

You sound like your in my boat. I would try the time restricted eating and start at 16/8 as in fasting for 16hrs and eating for 8hr. I thought it would be hard but it's super easy. I eat at 1130am till 730pm then fast from 730pm to 1130am. I still eat all the same foods and same amount of calories so I dont feel like it's a diet just a new lifestyle. Also sounds like you probably eat a bit healthier then me which is good cause your body will get to the point of burning fat faster during the fasting time...

There are a ridiculous amount of clips on YouTube about it lol...

I won't be cheating as far as breaking my eating and fasting windows anytime soon so I'll keep an update of how I'm feeling...

Damn I gotta say if you dont get good sleep it's hard on your body. I was only able to get about 5hrs of sleep last night so when I woke up for work I felt like crap. It has taken me a good 5 hrs to feel better but I still have 2 hrs till I can eat putting the first food in my stomach since 8pm last night....brutal...I need more and better sleep to do this...

Man I gotta say the night I work out the next day I feel like a million bucks. Without sounding like a DB my body feels fresher muscles feel fuller and what not.

Man I gotta say the night I work out the next day I feel like a million bucks. Without sounding like a DB my body feels fresher muscles feel fuller and what not.

I almost always workout before I eat... even if I have to delay when I eat that day.

No not what I meant lol.

I end my day eating dinner at say 6pm then at about 730pm I have my last food which is a protein shake. At 830pm I work out then go to bed to wake up at about 5am. I stay in my fasted state till 1130am for my 16hrs and eat till 730. I only work out hard every 3rd day I think and it's on those days that i feel great and full...

Been intermittent fasting for over 2 years now, am a plant based eater and all vegan. Did 6 months on just fruits, in 4 years I've gone from being obese at 235lbs to 170lbs now, so over 65lbs lost and I'm 6ft tall so still built. I'm still learning, adapting, and trying to find the best balance.

I only do one good meal a day, break fasts with fruits only, and eat fruits first always. Don't touch refined sugars or grains, those are killers for such a lifestyle, same with processed foods. I no longer follow any strict timings, guidelines, rules, or even bother counting calories/nutrients. 100 calories from a donut and 100 calories from a carrot are night and day, cooked food vs raw, processed vs not, all affect the nutrients and aren't accurate.

Sleep is a good topic, and the thing to understand is the mind controls the body, and the mind and body both need rest. There are many fasters who go by on 4hrs of sleep and counter with meditation or restfulness, we get tired because of constant thinking, evaluating, stress, etc... with our lives, and factor in all the city light messing peoples circadian rhythms and melanin levels, most don't even get a solid 3 hours of deep sleep let alone 7 or 8. Second are beds, mattresses place stress on our backs and veins, not allowing building blocks to get to muscles easily at night so some wake up tense or feeling like they didn't get a good rest. I've been sleeping on the floor for 3 years now, and dread the pain of a mattress now :lmao:

No not what I meant lol.

I end my day eating dinner at say 6pm then at about 730pm I have my last food which is a protein shake. At 830pm I work out then go to bed to wake up at about 5am. I stay in my fasted state till 1130am for my 16hrs and eat till 730. I only work out hard every 3rd day I think and it's on those days that i feel great and full...

I know what you meant... I was just mentioning that I do the opposite and workout before I eat.

I'm not sure I could even get that deep lol. I'm doing this for a while to see how it works which I think it will.

I would say probably around the beginning of the year to a few months ago I had lost around 12%of my body weight and I thought I was sick. I have gained back pretty much all of that weight and I think a lot of it was healthy weight it that makes sense. I had made it down to high 150's which to me was gross but how back to mid 170's. I would like to be mid 180's but that will take some time for good healthy weight. I'm 5'11" 39years old btw.

Back
Top Bottom