Anyone into intermittent fasting or time restricted eating? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anyone into intermittent fasting or time restricted eating?

I have been doing a bit of research on the Keto lifestyle. People that are smarter than I have shown tweaks to avoid getting the bad cholesterol too high.
Not sure how IF would work with my diabetes....but heck I need the willpower to stick with anything and to cut out my carbs.

Lots of skinless chicken breasts and turkey and green leafy vegetables.

You'll live a lot longer, but want to slit your wrists every second on that kind of diet.

I'm right in thinking I dont want my metabolism to start working until I eat my first food at 1130am right?
Not sure if you are using it in the right context...but yes.
Iirc As you are fasting your body is using your stored supplies for energy.

Be aware that with fasting sometimes people experience "brain fog" at the beginning. So although the goal is to lose weight, clear toxins and increase focus, there can be a bit of an adjustment period. If it happens, and doesn't alleviate within 2 weeks or so, I would explore the Bulletproof coffee that I mentioned earlier. Basically black coffee with added Ghee butter blended in a blender. Coconut or MCT oil optional. The thinking is that the fat will fuel the brain while fasting. The MCT oil will aid in suppressing hunger.
If you want, you are welcome to borrow my copy of the Bulletproof diet book. Lots of info on fasting.

Sent from my purple G4 using Tapatalk

She breaks the coffee down more at 7:30 in the clip

On snap she talks about pills and tea there too lol...

Last edited:
I'm not very good at math lol cause they talk about eating on a 12 cycle with 9-10 being the best for you but I'm setting myself up on an 8hr window wtf lol. Maybe I should start at 930am-730pm

I dont drink coffee at all though I find it to be disgusting in taste and doesn't yellow your teeth or something?

I could possible do tea and yogart with my vitamins to start the day.

I have been doing a bit of research on the Keto lifestyle. People that are smarter than I have shown tweaks to avoid getting the bad cholesterol too high.
Not sure how IF would work with my diabetes....but heck I need the willpower to stick with anything and to cut out my carbs.

I don't know much about diabetes other than the insulin thing but considering the risks of side effects I wouldn't suggest anyone with diabetes experimenting on their own.

Too much diet talk is about sin fat, lack of discipline etc. You have to know your personal problem. It could include hereditary issues, gland disorders, stress and more. Unfortunately too many people see it as calories in vs calories out.

I have about 30 pounds of sin fat. I simply snack too much, lack of discipline. A lot of people have deeper issues.

A serious weight problem needs to be dealt with on a personal level as diet books have to generalize. They fail to account for variations in our bodies. How serious does a weight problem have to be for it to be covered by OHIP?

Last edited:
To be fair, she said the info re coffee and tea is inconclusive atm. I would try just water. Have your vitamins when you break your fast. Shoot for 10 hours to start. Just my 2 cents

I don't know much about diabetes other than the insulin thing but considering the risks of side effects I wouldn't suggest anyone with diabetes experimenting on their own.

Too much diet talk is about sin fat, lack of discipline etc. You have to know your personal problem. It could include hereditary issues, gland disorders, stress and more. Unfortunately too many people see it as calories in vs calories out.

I have about 30 pounds of sin fat. I simply snack too much, lack of discipline. A lot of people have deeper issues.
I love carbs.
I can eat a sandwich sandwich.
I have hereditary weight, sin weight, lazy weight....

OP thanks for that YT clip. Interesting.

@Lightcycle I would be miles ahead if I just added more veggies of any kind to my diet.
Just recently started added beans as well.
Been adding turkey as well.

Gonna go have some eggs and turkey bacon now.

2nlu0t1.gif

Last edited:
To be fair, she said the info re coffee and tea is inconclusive atm. I would try just water. Have your vitamins when you break your fast. Shoot for 10 hours to start. Just my 2 cents

That's what I'm going to do. I love my time to 1030am-730pm and will start off with a green tea and yogart.

Unintentionally... I've been eating like that for years.
I rarely eat anything before noon.. just not hungry.
breakfast between 12-1.. lunch around 3-4.. dinner around 8.. snacks in between. I might have a snack after dinner.

Me too. Rarely hungry before noon, don't eat after 7 pm.

However a bud of mine is OMAD. When he started -30 lbs in 30 days! It was impressive. Now he is slowly headed to 16 hour fasts.

So I got hungry around 10am but was cool till 1030 which I ate a yogurt parfait and plain bagel with cream cheese and a green tea. I'm still hungry and will probably just eat like normal for the rest of my 9-10hr eating cycle.

I never really thought about but my normal cycle was 16hrs lol. I would eat breakfast at 5am starting my metabolism then eat all day with dinner at around 5. However I would finally end the cycle at about 8-9 with a shake and vitamins after my workout exercise...

So I got hungry around 10am but was cool till 1030 which I ate a yogurt parfait and plain bagel with cream cheese and a green tea. I'm still hungry and will probably just eat like normal for the rest of my 9-10hr eating cycle.

I never really thought about but my normal cycle was 16hrs lol. I would eat breakfast at 5am starting my metabolism then eat all day with dinner at around 5. However I would finally end the cycle at about 8-9 with a shake and vitamins after my workout exercise...
Plain bagel with cream cheese has around 400-500 calories lol. Pretty sizeable meal.

I am not dieting I'm just restricting the times at which I eat. That being said I dont really care what my calorie count is lol...

Well 730pm has arrived and I'm going into my fasting state till 1030am tomorrow...

Thx I will check out the yt link...

Back
Top Bottom