Need info from a CB300 owner (measurement) | GTAMotorcycle.com

Need info from a CB300 owner (measurement)

Catman

Site Supporter
I’m looking at a CB300 and if buying it , I’m tempted to load it into my minivan. I checked online and it says it is 44“ tall. Is that the actual height which can’t be changed?
The sliding door opening is 43 3/4” - 44 1/2” tall.
Thanks!

UPDATE:
Decided to have a hitch installed and rent a trailer. Bike could have technically fit in , with 2 strong people .
Not worth the stress and hassle and possible chance of breaking out a window.

Last edited:
You can often angle one bar then the other through once the mirrors are removed but don't underestimate how awkward 350 lb of mcycle is.
If I got a KLR650 into mine ....you should fit the CB300

If you just lack a couple of inches, use a tie strap to preload your front suspension.
Next step it to remove stuff, rotate bars, flatten tires or whatever works ;)

Seen a friend put his Honda TL125 completely into the trunk of his car once.

:| he was loading it on the trailer.

which model?

cb300f
cb300r (the new roadster one)

How did you get a KLR650 into a minivan? Sideways?

mostly - maybe 30 degree slant ..nothing leaked - once you wrestle the bars through then the CB300 should be mostly upright.

In the case of the CB300 maybe back the bike in then get the bars sorted

Thanks for the replies.
It is a CB300F. Technically it should fit , according to specs .
I was thinking of backing it up thru the side sliding door. I have a 6’ folding wheelchair ramp which I could hopefully take apart lengthwise as it’s too wide as it is.
If I buy the bike , probably will try loading it in. Will have help and someone who knows how to tie it down properly.

Thanks for the replies.
It is a CB300F. Technically it should fit , according to specs .
I was thinking of backing it up thru the side sliding door. I have a 6’ folding wheelchair ramp which I could hopefully take apart lengthwise as it’s too wide as it is.
If I buy the bike , probably will try loading it in. Will have help and someone who knows how to tie it down properly.
Have you considered riding it back instead ?

Seen a friend put his Honda TL125 completely into the trunk of his car once.

:| he was loading it on the trailer.

Boy, been a while since I've thought about my old TL. Had it for 2 years and loved it. Absolute mountain goat of a bike, could go anywhere. I carried it around on a bumper mount attached to my '68 Buick Wildcat convertible, another vehicle I wish I still had.

The guy I sold my CBR300 to took the mirrors off and it fit in the back of a honda oddysey no problem

Have you considered riding it back instead ?

Its about 200km away , roughly 2 hour drive with good traffic. I myself have just passed a motorcycle course with no other riding experience. Couldn’t pay me enough to ride back. Lol

Don't try to go in the sliding door.

Most minivans have the cargo floor lower than the lip of the hatch opening. Once your front wheel is in past that lip then the rest of the bike will sit lower.

Be prepared. You might have to take the mirrors off. Also, depending on your ramp, sometimes bikes get hung up (high-centered) on that lip because of exhaust or bodywork interference - with the front wheel sitting lower than the lip and the rear wheel still on the ramp. If that happens, have a second person lift up the back end of the ramp - which will lift the bike up and clear the interference.

Don't try to go in the sliding door.

Most minivans have the cargo floor lower than the lip of the hatch opening. Once your front wheel is in past that lip then the rest of the bike will sit lower.

Be prepared. You might have to take the mirrors off. Also, depending on your ramp, sometimes bikes get hung up (high-centered) on that lip because of exhaust or bodywork interference - with the front wheel sitting lower than the lip and the rear wheel still on the ramp. If that happens, have a second person lift up the back end of the ramp - which will lift the bike up and clear the interference.

Thanks so much , this is really helpful. My minivan is taller towards the front (I measured). But I will check again.

Back
Top Bottom