Cannot take off rear tire, HELP! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Cannot take off rear tire, HELP!

https://imgur.com/a/TfadKdV When I loosen the left side nut the right side moves too because the piece is all rashed up and wont hold it in place. I tried wedging a wrench to stop it from turning but it still doesn't work, anyone else have any ideas or what else I can do?
Use two wrenches, one on each side?

Use a second wrench on the other nut, that's what works for me. Once the axle is out, everything should be able to pop off and slide back.

Actually, I use a 24 socket and a 22 socket for mine.

iFhPWygm.jpg

Last edited:
An impact gun will probably take off the nut.
Then new parts, particularly the adjuster block, maybe a new axle and nut. And, don't over torque on installation.

https://imgur.com/a/TfadKdV

When I loosen the left side nut the right side moves too because the piece is all rashed up and wont hold it in place. I tried wedging a wrench to stop it from turning but it still doesn't work, anyone else have any ideas or what else I can do?

Have you figured out it was installed incorrectly?

Try ramming a bar into hole in the axle as far as you can and stand on it while you try to undo the nut on the other side. (An impact gun will turn the nut off the way it sits).

When putting it back together, figure out what you did wrong the last time... THEN either replace that block or switch it to the other side. (The flat spot on the axle is supposed to rest against the adjuster block).

I am assuming that you wish to remove the axle.
If this is the case. Find an old ratchet socket that is very close, but smaller than the diameter of the axle. Rest it snugly up against the axle and tap lightly with a hammer.
That should get it past the damaged part.
Or tap it from the opposite time and the block may come out a vit with it. Try a flat screwdriver to het it off from this side.
Im afraid if you knock it through the wheel, you may score the inside surface. That wouldn't be good.

I am assuming that you wish to remove the axle.
If this is the case. Find an old ratchet socket that is very close, but smaller than the diameter of the axle. Rest it snugly up against the axle and tap lightly with a hammer.
That should get it past the damaged part.
Or tap it from the opposite side and the block may come out a vit with it. Try a flat screwdriver to het it off from this side.
Im afraid if you knock it through the wheel, you may score the inside surface. That wouldn't be good.

So hard to explain this because its so ****ing retarded

I cannot unscrew the nut that normally has a cotter pin(mine didn't) because the right side(refer to picture) does not properly hold in place the bar that is supposed to come out. So as I try and loosen the left nut the bar inside also moves because its all chewed up for some ****ing reason.

Anyone got other suggestions, I tried smacking the bar from the left right but it wont budge

Oof, I just realized that there is no second nut, and it's integrated into the axle. Have you ordered a new adjuster block?

I'm not sure, but you might be able to drill a hole or holes through the adjuster and put nails or something in to prevent the axle from spinning while you turn off the other side.

It must have take a lot of force to get it on that way around.

Get a small piece of flat steel. Put it flush against the flat side of the axle (see arrows in pic) and clamp it down with one or two sets of vice grips.

That should stop the axle from spinning.

IMG_7440.JPG

IMG_7441.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
It is a stroke of luck that the flat side is just about 180 degrees from where it's supposed to be. A serious clamp or vise holding it against the adjuster will probably get it out. Good thing the adjuster is already toast

If you haven’t figured out a solution yet, you could have someone put a socket/wrench on the left hand side and use a cold chisel and small sledge on the right to rotate the axle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zip wheel. Cut the axle nut off.

Replace nut, axle and RH adjuster block.
This. I'd be replacing all of those parts anyway. I doubt if they will lock together properly if you only replace the axle block.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Why can't you just hold the right side with vice grips to prevent it from turning?

No i just tried this, the axle nut turns with the ****ing bar that slides through the wheel. Im going to try with some wd 40 and lubricant maybe its really corroded or something, otherwise i am destroying this **** with my impact gun and call it a day

This. I'd be replacing all of those parts anyway. I doubt if they will lock together properly if you only replace the axle block.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Yup.Time to just git er done.

Use a second wrench on the other nut, that's what works for me. Once the axle is out, everything should be able to pop off and slide back.

Actually, I use a 24 socket and a 22 socket for mine.

iFhPWygm.jpg

That mat/rear wheel off picture looks familiar. Did i pay you a visit with a GSXR not too long ago? :)

Back
Top Bottom