Oils for a HD V-Twin and where to buy | GTAMotorcycle.com

Oils for a HD V-Twin and where to buy

sburns

Hey all

Need to do a full oil change, engine, prime, transmission on my 2012 HD Electra Glide.

I already started using Syn3 in the engine. But looking around at some other HD forums people are using Amsol (transmission), or Valvoline, Mobil1. I need a 20w50 and looking around online I can't seem to find it readily available at Canadian Tire or Walmart they have plenty of car 5w30 etc.

I was hoping not to go to HD, or GP Bikes. Fortnine as plenty of Motul, never used it before.

Curious where you all are getting your oils from and what you might recommend?

I buy my 20W50 at CDN Tire. I guess the store near me stocks it. Brand isn't that important to me as I'm diligent about oil change intervals.

won't the Shell Rotella T range work?

That was my thought, Cdn Tire carries Rotella in the 20W50, always bought it from them.

OP remember MOST people don't need a 20W50 so places like CDN Tire only put some products online go into your local store also TSC stores carry it

I'll be going out this afternoon to take a physical look at some stores.

Sent from the moon!

Probably several dealers on Kijiji for Amsoil .

I stopped by my local Walmart and CT. Walmart didn't have anything worth considering. Castol conventional 20-50.
CT had the same. But they did have Lucus oil which I hear is also a good option. At $19 a Quart.

I might be sticking with the HD stuff for the moment and figure out other options for the next change.

I stopped by my local Walmart and CT. Walmart didn't have anything worth considering. Castol conventional 20-50.
CT had the same. But they did have Lucus oil which I hear is also a good option. At $19 a Quart.

I might be sticking with the HD stuff for the moment and figure out other options for the next change.

Been using Castrol in my bikes forever. It's excellent oil. Never a problem. You can use synthetic if you don't mind oil seeping through your gaskets. It's not necessary and the price is a rip-off. Engine oil is a racket IMO. For oil changes I suggest that you always use a Harley Davidson filter (it's a WIX, the best filters on the market). You can use dino oil in your engine, but you're supposed to use synthetic for the clutch case. I find a noticeable improvement with synthetic over dino in the primary.

Using the HD oil is the safe route. It costs a couple bucks more, but it's quality stuff.

I buy the amsoil products from Royal Distributing for my Harley. I run the v-twin oil, gear lube and primary oil and have no complaints. You can order from Royal online.

Back
Top Bottom