Stolen motorcycles | GTAMotorcycle.com

Stolen motorcycles

xinfamousx

Hey so I just want to know if anyone could help me on this one I know I won’t get the answer that I’m looking for but I guess its worth a shot. So I’m doing some investigations myself since I’ve had a hard time with police I’m looking for someone who knows or has herd of where stolen motorcycles end up there’s been quit a lot of bikes missing down on lakeshore as mine was also stolen from an underground parking lot . If anyone has any info or that could possibly help me I would appreciate it I had a blue Yamaha r6 with blue tape around the rim which would look like it would light up at night with lights pointing towards it. If anyone happens to know of anything such as where’s parts could be, bikes can be stored(stolen) and what not I would apriicate some help thank you all to who see this and can help a brother

Sorry to hear about your bike being stolen and the added lack of interest by the police. From what I gather it would be parted out or tracked or a mix of the two. Some might get ridden dirty for a day and then dumped.

Recovery is a shot in the dark. You could spend years snooping around every R6 at the track and as much time chasing parts on Craigslist still coming up with nothing.

A few years ago, many stolen sport bikes apparently were shipped out to "the Islands" via Quebec. I remember a member here spotting his stolen bike while on holiday down there.

Gold USD front forks? ... the front forks, wheel and brakes are probably destined for some old beater CB project, rest is probably being sold in little pieces, anything with a VIN or serial # has probably already been melted down and recycled.

... real bike racers don't steal motorcycles to track race, if they did you'd hear about it and then it wouldn't just be pure speculation.

Sorry your bike was stolen. It sucks big time but the reality is you will probably never get it back. Once it's in parts, no one can identify those parts as being from your bike. Hopefully it was insured for theft. That's your best way forward. Report to insurance with the police report number and see what they offer you. Fight them for all you can get then move on. Unfortunately, sport bikes parked in underground garages are a huge target for theft rings. Always has been, always will be.

Gold USD front forks? ... the front forks, wheel and brakes are probably destined for some old beater CB project, rest is probably being sold in little pieces, anything with a VIN or serial # has probably already been melted down and recycled.

... real bike racers don't steal motorcycles to track race, if they did you'd hear about it and then it wouldn't just be pure speculation.

its been more than a decade EDIT (dang more like 2 decades), but I heard of stolen bikes and stolen engines being used during race weekends. was even offered stolen parts. these guys were middlemen/customers; they even told me their "connections" MO- pull up beside the bike, lay down a piece of carpet beside this target bike, gently lay the bike down on said carpet, man on each corner of carpet and lift into the van. that easy 30 seconds.....
no thanks. do you know you're engine serial number?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom