Folks with small kids who snorkle... | GTAMotorcycle.com

Folks with small kids who snorkle...

perferd

Any of you guys use the full face snorkle masks for your kids? My 3 kids ages are 6, 9, and 9.

My kids have always used the conventional masks.

Two of them passed their scuba diver course a few years ago.

Youngest is 17 now, his twin has a punctured eardrum, so can't dive.

My kids went be doing diving or scuba just some snorkeling during a cruise and at resorts. I imagine the deepest they will go is like 10ft as they cant really hold their breath long while also swimming and what not...

I think I'd be wading around behind them and pulling them out every once in a while to make sure they're o.k.

I've only heard what's been said on the internet, though.

I've never used the full face ones but dislike the design it seems like a solution in search of a problem (which leads to many more problems than you had with the conventional approach). Honestly, other than looking cool, what do they improve? I can see a ton of problems (no way to deal with fog, no way to equalize, horrendous buoyancy, a flood screws up your sight and breathing concurrently, etc.)

I do know people that tried them and loved them though so I will give it a shot when I can borrow one. Really low expectations though.

have one, bought on a whim, used once. Very glad i took my regular mask and snorkle along. I had fog issues, its hard to clear, when your treading water its hard to talk to your pals and when I did dive down it was a bugger to clear the snorkle tube.

I've been a diver for a long time, it wasn't fun.

I asked about that carbon dioxide buildup thing, from my in house medical professional, her thoughts were you'd have an urge to breath harder attempting to get more oxygen , as a result sucking in yet more CO2 buildup, the fatigue factor would build up, getting dizzy and mayby in the end losing conciousness. It may not be panic, fatigue from being oxygen starved can lead to bad decisions.

9 dead in a two week stretch is sure a reason to look at the equipment. Would be especially interesting to see if there had been any drownings with conventional gear .

Back
Top Bottom