Any competitive insurance companies for SS ?

Thread: Any competitive insurance companies for SS ?

Any competitive insurance companies for SS ?

Forum Sponsor
    Iím 26. Licensed and riding for 6 years. Clean record. Any companies that can insure a SS under $2-3K ?

Re: Any competitive insurance companies for SS ?

Good Luck LOL, just call around and ask. The insurance market changes every year.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostrider619 View Post
    Iím 26. Licensed and riding for 6 years. Clean record. Any companies that can insure a SS under $2-3K ?
    Yes, wawanesa insurance (min requirement is to be licensed for 6 years, which you satisfy). They only deal through brokers. Try calling Chris/Paul South and/or Mitchel & Whale.

Quote Originally Posted by roadrash View Post
    Yes, wawanesa insurance (min requirement is to be licensed for 6 years, which you satisfy). They only deal through brokers. Try calling Chris/Paul South and/or Mitchel & Whale.
    I heard from someone that Wawanesa has changed their requirements and you now have to bundle house and car to get a new policy. Anyone able to corroborate?
    1989 Yamaha FZR400 (Sold)
    2008 Suzuki DRZ400SM (Sold)
    2010 Ducati Monster 696 (Sold)

Quote Originally Posted by espro View Post
    I heard from someone that Wawanesa has changed their requirements and you now have to bundle house and car to get a new policy. Anyone able to corroborate?
    Don't think so, riding buddy just got an '08 GSXR 600 insured with them under their 6 year policy. he didn't bring anything else over.
    17' FZ09 Intensity White
    "Don't confuse my attitude with my personality. My personality is who i am, my attitude depends on who you are."

Only ever managed to get reasonable rates at all by bundling with my car/home. Standalone insurance will never, ever be competitive for sportbikes.

EDIT: To be clear, I'm sure Wawanesa and others will write standalone policies, but I get something like 40 or 60% off by bundling. It's a racket to be sure, because if they can afford such a discount for bundling, why can't they afford such a discount on multiple bikes? But I digress, point is standalone policies will always be much more expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by drumstyx View Post
    Only ever managed to get reasonable rates at all by bundling with my car/home. Standalone insurance will never, ever be competitive for sportbikes.

EDIT: To be clear, I'm sure Wawanesa and others will write standalone policies, but I get something like 40 or 60% off by bundling. It's a racket to be sure, because if they can afford such a discount for bundling, why can't they afford such a discount on multiple bikes? But I digress, point is standalone policies will always be much more expensive.
    Not sure if things have changed with wawanesa this year, but their standalone policies for SS come out to < 2k a year. Min requirement is to be licensed for at least 6 years from M1.

Give me a call at 289-460-4276. I can see what I can do for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew-Allstate Insurance View Post
    Give me a call at 289-460-4276. I can see what I can do for you.
    +1 for Matthew at Allstate!