Any competitive insurance companies for SS ? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any competitive insurance companies for SS ?

I’m 26. Licensed and riding for 6 years. Clean record. Any companies that can insure a SS under $2-3K ?
Yes, wawanesa insurance (min requirement is to be licensed for 6 years, which you satisfy). They only deal through brokers. Try calling Chris/Paul South and/or Mitchel & Whale.

Yes, wawanesa insurance (min requirement is to be licensed for 6 years, which you satisfy). They only deal through brokers. Try calling Chris/Paul South and/or Mitchel & Whale.

I heard from someone that Wawanesa has changed their requirements and you now have to bundle house and car to get a new policy. Anyone able to corroborate?

I heard from someone that Wawanesa has changed their requirements and you now have to bundle house and car to get a new policy. Anyone able to corroborate?

Don't think so, riding buddy just got an '08 GSXR 600 insured with them under their 6 year policy. he didn't bring anything else over.

Only ever managed to get reasonable rates at all by bundling with my car/home. Standalone insurance will never, ever be competitive for sportbikes.

EDIT: To be clear, I'm sure Wawanesa and others will write standalone policies, but I get something like 40 or 60% off by bundling. It's a racket to be sure, because if they can afford such a discount for bundling, why can't they afford such a discount on multiple bikes? But I digress, point is standalone policies will always be much more expensive.

Only ever managed to get reasonable rates at all by bundling with my car/home. Standalone insurance will never, ever be competitive for sportbikes.

EDIT: To be clear, I'm sure Wawanesa and others will write standalone policies, but I get something like 40 or 60% off by bundling. It's a racket to be sure, because if they can afford such a discount for bundling, why can't they afford such a discount on multiple bikes? But I digress, point is standalone policies will always be much more expensive.
Not sure if things have changed with wawanesa this year, but their standalone policies for SS come out to < 2k a year. Min requirement is to be licensed for at least 6 years from M1.

Once you tun 30 your insurance rates will almost be cut in half for a SS

Nope!

Just for kicks i've been shopping around for my pending replacement, super nakeds are $20-40 more a month then my FZ09 ($1100). Super sports (litre bikes) are still $2500+.

I'm 36.

Nope!

Just for kicks i've been shopping around for my pending replacement, super nakeds are $20-40 more a month then my FZ09 ($1100). Super sports (litre bikes) are still $2500+.

I'm 36.
Standalone policies? Gotta bundle.

May need M as well, but try allstate. Jeff Lyn or Matt Camacho

Standalone policies? Gotta bundle.

May need M as well, but try allstate. Jeff Lyn or Matt Camacho

It's fine, no interest in them anyways :)

Nope!

I'm 36.

That doesn't seem right, at 28 with house/truck/bike bundle I was getting quoted 1600/yr for s1krr full coverage.

That doesn't seem right, at 28 with house/truck/bike bundle I was getting quoted 1600/yr for s1krr full coverage.

bundle is probably the key, i wasn't offering them my home or other vehicle. you may also have more years of being insured then me. :p

Nope!

I'm 36.

RSV100R $88/m or $1056/y

Nope!

I'm 36.
Strange, must be because you live in the East end of the City? I am west end (Burlington) and when I was calling around I would give my birthday for a date (day when I was turning 30) and it cut cut right in half with TD. from $3200/yr to $1600/yr for a ZX6R.

Strange, must be because you live in the East end of the City? I am west end (Burlington) and when I was calling around I would give my birthday for a date (day when I was turning 30) and it cut cut right in half with TD. from $3200/yr to $1600/yr for a ZX6R.

Likely insured longer than me!

Back
Top Bottom