Rain gear - what do you really need? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Rain gear - what do you really need?

I'm good with my one piece rain suit but you need one of these:
s-l300.jpg
finger windshield wiper thingy.

For dirt bikes you don't need anything, you just get wet.

Have that wiper attachment on my heated gloves. It's easier to swipe with the fingertips (city) or nod my helmet slightly from side-to-side (highway). The first company to offer a decent visor wiper system will clean up (in both senses).

Would probably be environmentally unfriendly to use tear-offs, or does somebody make a bio-degradable shield tear-off?

Would probably be environmentally unfriendly to use tear-offs, or does somebody make a bio-degradable shield tear-off?

A lot cheaper to turn your head sideways to bead the rain off.

A lot cheaper to turn your head sideways to bead the rain off.
I just assumed I was the only one that cheap :D shake it like a wet dog

... did you ever sneeze inside your helmet? <- try not to do that it's gross.

Hmm. I wonder if you can rain x your visor - I don't see why not unless plastic is not advised? Used to put on my cars, and even aquapel on my last one. Love that stuff.

Boots and gloves is my gap. My boots are short, so water gets in from the top. And I carry some nitrile gloves to pull over the regular gloves- not the best since they break after a few pulls on. But it does the job for my rain purposes. Perhaps I will get a waterproof set in the coming year.

I always carry rain-x on long trips for my full face visors.

No need for wipers or anything....the rain just beads off instantly, even in torrential downpours. Easily applied anywhere on the road as well - spray on, wipe off with anything soft. Done.

RainX is good stuff :| but it washes off.

Back
Top Bottom