Muskoka this weekend | GTAMotorcycle.com

Muskoka this weekend

arogal

I'm staying at my inlaws in Huntsville this weekend. I am going to be riding up early Saturday morning and the wife is going to be bringing the SUV.
As of now this is going to be my Saturday afternoon ride:

https://www.google.ca/maps/dir/45.3...-79.8592927,107279m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!4m1!3e0

Does anyone on the forum spend weekends in the Muskoka's? I always find it more enjoyable riding with other people, but solo is better than nothing.
I am also going to put together another route (down towards Haliburton) for Sunday morning.
If anyone will be in the area, let me know and we can hook up. Also, any recommendations for a nice loop? I am looking to pack on 200kms or so for a nice ride.

I tried to convince my wife to drive the suv while I rode but that didn't go so well. She doesn't like to drive much period, much less in territory she is not too familiar with.

Enjoy the ride.
I'll keep an eye out on the 400 for ya Sat morning.....730am ish?? Lol

Sent from my purple G4 using Tapatalk

I tried to convince my wife to drive the suv while I rode but that didn't go so well. She doesn't like to drive much period, much less in territory she is not too familiar with.

Enjoy the ride.
I'll keep an eye out on the 400 for ya Sat morning.....730am ish?? Lol

Sent from my purple G4 using Tapatalk
My wife said I can ride and she will drive under one circumstance....I stay behind her the whole way up! It is going to be a painful ride, but you win some you lose some right?! I'll be on the 401 around 7:30-8am yep!! I'll just be putting away though HAHA!
I am not too familiar with any of the roads up there other than the main hwy's...I think I've put together what seems to be like a fun ride.
Have a great long weekend

Is that "Big VStrom" as in DL1000s only or lots of Vees?

As in about 30-40 bikes - almost all V-Stroms (650's and 1000's). Riders showing up from Thursday and staying til Sunday. About 50% of the riders are coming from the northeastern states as this event is usually held somewhere south, but this year the idea was to share some of Ontario.
We scouted out and planned the routes over the last 4 months and all of them are Muskoka based. Some are dirt, some are paved, some are mixed. Some routes are easy, slow tourist routes, others a little more exciting. Everyone is staying over at the KOA in Gravenhurst in tents or cabins. Big dinner on Saturday night, maybe a bonfire depending on the regional fire ban and some other stuff too.

I'll be camping over night in Gravenhurst from Friday night to Sunday.
Big V-Strom thing with multiple rides of paved and gravel: https://www.stromtrooper.com/events/388658-neva-18-canada-eh-aug-3-5-2018-a.html

I made a few minor changes to your route: https://goo.gl/maps/zGfrPyuVttD2
removed the west edge of the 141 and up Swords Rd instead to the 518.
added in Mortimers Point Rd at the bottom of your route.
I appreciate the changes! I was thinking of cutting down swords road also, but thought it would be a good idea to fill up at the Petro at Horseshoe lake. I only get about 220-230kms on a tank of gas (supersports are **** on gas) and it needs to be premium or bike runs like crap. Would you happen to know if the mom and pop gas stations provide premium gas? I just wanted to play it safe so I don't have to worry about running out looking for stations.
Thanks!

Last edited:
Do they allow party crashers? I have work commitments Fri and Sat AM, I have Sunday and Monday available.

I have plenty of experience ADV riding, but it's from years ago, my last Adv bike was a 92 TS200R, it's long been laid to rest.

I traded by SS for a WeeX earlier this year. Put about 4000 road KMs on her so Im at one with the bike -- now I need to ease into some light weight adventuring. I'd also like to meet some locals who are like minded, I joined a local Meetup riding group and a few of them are going.

I appreciate the changes! I was thinking of cutting down swords road also, but thought it would be a good idea to fill up at the Petro at Horseshoe lake. I only get about 220-230kms on a tank of gas (supersports are **** on gas) and it needs to be premium or bike runs like crap. Would you happen to know if the mom and pop gas stations provide premium gas? I just wanted to play it safe so I don't have to worry about running out looking for stations.
Thanks!
Sorry, I have no clue about premium gas stops. I do know there is an Esso at the bottom of the 118 at Foreman Rd which is on your route. There is also all kinds of gas in Parry Sound.

Do they allow party crashers? I have work commitments Fri and Sat AM, I have Sunday and Monday available.

I have plenty of experience ADV riding, but it's from years ago, my last Adv bike was a 92 TS200R, it's long been laid to rest.

I traded by SS for a WeeX earlier this year. Put about 4000 road KMs on her so Im at one with the bike -- now I need to ease into some light weight adventuring. I'd also like to meet some locals who are like minded, I joined a local Meetup riding group and a few of them are going.
Don't come on Sunday because many are going back to the states and those that aren't are likely doing their own thing.
These are a good group of guys. There will be other rides posted on the stromtrooper site throughout each season, and nothing too difficult..

Had an absolute blast riding in the Muskoka's this weekend! The majority of the roads were in great shape (especially Hwy 518), but some roads were really sketchy, almost ate schit a couple times. I was really disappointed in the shape of Southwood road from Bala to Orillia. Bumpy, sand/gravel and some sections gravel. I'ts a shame such a fun twisty road is in such horrible condition. If anyone is gunna ride Southwood road soon, be very VERY careful. Saw 2 bikes off the road in 2 corners, they were fine, just slid off from gravel.
Here was the route:
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/45....1!1m1!4e1!1m1!4e1!1m1!4e1!1m1!4e1!1m1!4e1!3e0

Back
Top Bottom