Ford trumps Trudeau on Carbon Tax | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ford trumps Trudeau on Carbon Tax

I like that one. How about this:

NEASE_(Carbon_Baby)[2]___Gallery.jpg

Reminds me of all the Europeans that complain over in Denmark and the Netherlands where their carbon taxes take a 40000 Euro car (Price of a Mustang GT there) and after the carbon tax the bill becomes 120000 Euro in the Netherlands and around 180000 Euro in Denmark. That car was just an example, it's like that for many other things and they basically call it a fun tax because all the cool performance automotive stuff is taxed heavily making it super unreasonable to purchase stuff. Tthe thing is, peformance cars/bikes don't account for anywhere close to as much pollution comapred to just regular transportation but these sectors get hit the hardest from these carbon taxes etc.

Reminds me of all the Europeans that complain over in Denmark and the Netherlands where their carbon taxes take a 40000 Euro car (Price of a Mustang GT there) and after the carbon tax the bill becomes 120000 Euro in the Netherlands and around 180000 Euro in Denmark. That car was just an example, it's like that for many other things and they basically call it a fun tax because all the cool performance automotive stuff is taxed heavily making it super unreasonable to purchase stuff. Tthe thing is, peformance cars/bikes don't account for anywhere close to as much pollution comapred to just regular transportation but these sectors get hit the hardest from these carbon taxes etc.

Large SUVs get hit too. Ever tried parking in Paris? You’d understand why small cars are popular. Along with the price of gas they just make sense. You should look at “hot hatch” cars though because Europe has a ton of them and they are popular. Basically small, light cars with overpowered engines in. Fast and manoeuverable.

Never said anything about small cars being popular and yea big suv ain't the best in an old city like Paris thank you captain obvious but that doesn't apply to the rest of Europe. Look at the UK it is small and old too with high gas prices yet people still drive big Range Rovers/sports cars not only hot hatches because they don't have crazy taxes that make things next to impossible to own like the other high carbon tax countries in Europe do.

I could have said that too, but I wanted to be more polite.

but the post did have meaningful input on several fronts including correcting misinformation posted earlier. He provided links to reference. When you wrote that he had a lot to say but it wasn't anything meaningful - you were offering nothing more than a veiled insult. back up what you say and tell us WHY its not meaningful. If I want to be rude to someone, I won't do it in a veiled manner - I will make my point.

I enjoy reading different opinions and view points. Providing references to back up what you are saying has weight. keeping an open mind and listening to all input is important and a good approach to understanding.

Back
Top Bottom