Motul 7100 synthetic oil | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motul 7100 synthetic oil

shanekingsley

Curry - so nice it burns you twice
Site Supporter
Anyone here use this stuff?
I got a few bottles for free and have never used it before. A quick look seems like it's good to use on bikes - just that some people find it expensive.

For the 140k on my bike (2011 V-Strom 650) I have been using either Rotella T6 or Gulf (can't recall which one).
Using this will save me the time of going to buy more.

it's great stuff, ran it exclusively in the track/street bikes for years

I know that when I normally do an oil change the shifting always feels smoother and there is less chatter from the bike that I feel in terms of vibrations.

After doing an oil change with the 7100 and riding into work this morning, I was pretty surprised how smooth the bike was shifting and the reduction in chatter.

I would normally change oil every 6,000km or so - any different for this stuff? I've read of people going 8,000km between synthetic oil changes which I normally wouldn't do regardless, but this oil got me thinking that maybe it would be okay.

I don't usually pay attention to price all that much with consumables, but this oil is more than $80 / 4L, which is quite a bit more than the Rotella.

Great oil. If you plan on keeping the bike, I'd say stick with your regular interval.

I tried Rotella twice and within 1000-1500km the bike started to shift like a farm tractor. I never did a ton of miles so the more expensive oil was only changed twice a year or so and wasn’t a big concern. I’d rather the bike ride nice than save $60 over a season.

I was a big time rottella user until I had to do a oil change and none was on sale. My buddy was at GP bikes and they have it on for 59.99 so i had him pick me up a jug. I must say the shifting is so nice and remains that way close to the service intervile time....rotella never did that. Just budget wise I really was hoping there was going to be no difference.

7100 is good but expensive, so free 7100 is doubleplusgood

I know that when I normally do an oil change the shifting always feels smoother and there is less chatter from the bike that I feel in terms of vibrations.

After doing an oil change with the 7100 and riding into work this morning, I was pretty surprised how smooth the bike was shifting and the reduction in chatter.

I would normally change oil every 6,000km or so - any different for this stuff? I've read of people going 8,000km between synthetic oil changes which I normally wouldn't do regardless, but this oil got me thinking that maybe it would be okay.

I don't usually pay attention to price all that much with consumables, but this oil is more than $80 / 4L, which is quite a bit more than the Rotella.
This is the only oil I will ever use. I still change my oil every 4-5000kms with it. I know its not "necessary", but around the 4500km mark shifting seems to be a bit more clunky and gas mileage drops a bit.
A 4L jug of Motul 7100 at Cosra Motocicletta in Burlington is $60 all year round :)

On a street motorcycle, the time between oil changes is based on contamination, not decay in the oil's lubricating qualities. Contamination, mostly from blowby, occurs at the same rate for all oils, so your $5/ oil will be just as contaminated as your $20/l oil at 6000km -- well before their lubricating qualities decay.

I have used Rotella in every bike I've owned since the 80s and changed oil at 5000km -- I've never had a single lubricated part fail. A few of my bikes are into their second rev on the odometer and still run like new.

Good to know - thanks.

I bought another jug of the stuff, from Corsa Motocicleta as suggested above for $60. I'll stick with it for a few more oil changes a least.

Good to know - thanks.

I bought another jug of the stuff, from Corsa Motocicleta as suggested above for $60. I'll stick with it for a few more oil changes a least.
Right on. Good call....for the quality of oil, you really can't go wrong with that price :)

Just as an FYI I have been using 7100 on all 5 of my bikes. This year switched to Liqui Moly 10w40 Synthetic and it seems just as good, no shifting changes and a little less expensive.

I wish I could get 7100 in Oshawa area for $60. GP bikes usually don't give us a break. I found 7100 quiets down the valve train a little and provides easy shifting. I'll pay GPB price if I have to because I love my ride.

I wish I could get 7100 in Oshawa area for $60. GP bikes usually don't give us a break. I found 7100 quiets down the valve train a little and provides easy shifting. I'll pay GPB price if I have to because I love my ride.

burlington is not that far and its a good excuse to go for a rip!

GP will match prices if you found a better price someplace. I have done it with a few items found on Fortnine with them.

Back
Top Bottom