Moto gear in the city? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Moto gear in the city?

Max527

Hello,

Somewhat new rider in the city and I have noticed most riders hardly have any protection when they ride in the GTA.
Is this the new norm? I saw a guy wearing these shoes (below) with shorts that at even at 20km slide would be pretty ugly.
Do riders not care about any protection? I ride with kevlar jeans and moto shoes at all times with a heavy jacket.
lightweight-summer-outdoor-sports-casual-shoes-beige-7-men-mens-gushgush_203.jpg
Any opinions on this? Or is it just dress for the ride, not for the glide.

Last edited:
Meh people wear what they want. Should they be geared up? Absolutely. Riders wearing shorts is just absolute stupidity. But what can you do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Solid objects don't really care about what shoes/boots you are wearing.

Hello,

Somewhat new rider in the city and I have noticed most riders hardly have any protection when they ride in the GTA.
Is this the new norm? I saw a guy wearing these shoes (below) with shorts that at even at 20km slide would be pretty ugly.
Do riders not care about any protection? I ride with kevlar jeans and moto shoes at all times with a heavy jacket.
View attachment 39485
Any opinions on this? Or is it just dress for the ride, not for the glide.

As someone who just lost a few layers of skin, it's not worth being 'too hot' or not taking the time to put everything on. In my case it was the latter.

Saw some moron wearing a wife beater, shorts, and sneakers on a dual sport. No shield/visor on the helmet, was wearing sun glasses to top it all. Poster boy SQUID.

Last edited:
What happened? Are u ok? Is ur bike ok?

Wasn't paying proper attention and i went one way and she went the other. Hands and knee got banged up, but I'll be fully healed in another week or so. She is okay, just cosmetic damage.

Street; moccasin boots, no armour but at least my ankles are covered better then sneakers and there is zero chance they will fly off.
Rode my bike out of downtown Toronto for decades doing on-site service calls all over the country, often had to wear business attire so atgatt was totally impractical even if it existed, lol helmets were even optional when I tested for my M but I alway wore one.

Got rear ended once but I stayed on the bike ... highly recommend you stay on the bike.
Didn't have a helmet on when I flew through that VW windshield at 30 mph, I don't even recall if the 1965 Beatle had belts in the back seat ... highly recommend seat belts, even though I was the least injured occupant.

Back
Top Bottom