Harley Davidson Adventure Motorcycle | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Harley Davidson Adventure Motorcycle

I just hope these bikes will have decent specs and components. Not outdated from day one and grossly overweight.

By the way, this street fighter is designed as such that the rider will be sitting on an oven top. But if they will, in fact, build this - only a small step towards a genuine sport bike.

I think Harley will do something interested and not some outdated bike. They are doing some really cool things with the built in tech in some of their new models.

The bike is definitely an acquired taste though I have to say the more I look at it the more I alike the design. Used to hate BMW designs but now I love them, maybe I am just attracted to the awkwardly weird looking bikes.

HD reliability on the open roads in far off places...sure why not. As for looks, uglier the better in this segment I guess.

Kudos to harley for finally building something other than a cruiser.

Back in the AMF days Harley did make dual-purpose bikes, like the Harley-branded 1975 SX-250:

AMF-Harley-Davidson-SX-250-Right-Side.jpg

The annoying kid in the Bad News Bears movie (the one from the 70s) rode a Harley-branded Z-90. When Harley got their financial **** together they went back to all V-twin cruisers, all the time. Good to see they're considering branching out seeing as how the cruiser side of things is slowing for them.

So this will take you into the middle of nowhere ...and then strand you there. Also....can’t wait to see the Harley branded ADV gear. Techno pirate!

ugly does seem to appeal in the ADV world
chain drive does not, better re-think that
engine layout looks kinda Indian-ish
60 degree LC
and while there is not a single pic of the left side
I'm guessing that god-awfully huge primary drive cover is absent
now that they've seen the logic with integrated trans

Fluorescent yellow vests and assless chaps. Modular beanie. And tassles. Lots and lots of tassles.

Tassles to keep the flies away?

I like the look of that naked (not really a streetfighter--a proper sportbike without fairings). Sort of what they should have done with the Sportster all along, though I like Sportys too. The ADV bike is...well I just don't get the whole ADV thing. The class as a whole looks ugly + ponderous, so I won't condemn HD's attempt. Hopefully we see more of the Live Wire. Choice is good.

There is a guy in Spain that has been taking sportsters and converting them to ADV bikes and running about Morocco , forget his name but he's pretty well known in the custom scene.
Looks like HD has figured out if the V twins are already being used, and custom is cool, and the ADV bracket is the fastest growing segment they best get on board and get a piece.
Good for them for trying something.

Whatever the outcome is with the actual production bikes, HD marketing has done a good job getting people talking. I haven't seen this much buzz around HD in a long time (other than the whole tariff mess but they were just collateral damage in that turdfest).

Whatever the outcome is with the actual production bikes, HD marketing has done a good job getting people talking. I haven't seen this much buzz around HD in a long time (other than the whole tariff mess but they were just collateral damage in that turdfest).

Probably because they have not really done anything radically different. This is caught everyone off guard, I know I was not expecting an ADV bike from Harley and had not even hear rumours of it. Definitely looking forward to actual details and specs of the bike and see how they are going to compete against the big dogs like BMW, KTM and Ducati.

See, the thing that HD haters all have in common, is that they will always hate HD, and it's nothing to do with what they make. Haven't exactly pinned it down yet, but HD could give them every last detail on their checklist, and they'll still hate it. Proven here. Adventure bikes are ugly, all of them, there isn't one good looking ADV in the world. They're tall af, like tippy toe at a light, need a ladder to mount tall. They're building a bike that fits the market, and I wouldn't worry about that seat, Harley does wonders with their seats, but you'd have to be willing to try sitting on one before you'd know that.

The street fighter does look good, looks like it ticks the boxes in that market too, but I will expect that haters gonna hate. They're also prototyping a full faired sport(likely an SS) and then ofcourse there's the zero. My fear though, if you combine the HD premium with the SS premium, does the insurance industry explode?

large displacement twin has proven to be the motor of choice for an ADV
it's only in recent years where the bike that defined the niche got LC - GSA
and that German contraption all farkled out is no light weight
say what you like about HD, but they build durable bikes and engine tech is greatly improved

having said all that, don't think I'd consider the first gen
let them get it refined and it has a chance to be a very good bike
this is a natural segment for them to enter
and maybe move on from the SOA culture and sell the quality instead

large displacement twin has proven to be the motor of choice for an ADV
it's only in recent years where the bike that defined the niche got LC - GSA
and that German contraption all farkled out is no light weight
say what you like about HD, but they build durable bikes and engine tech is greatly improved

having said all that, don't think I'd consider the first gen
let them get it refined and it has a chance to be a very good bike
this is a natural segment for them to enter
and maybe move on from the SOA culture and sell the quality instead
Their 60 degree Vees are more than tough enough, and they are highly configurable. The HD 750 twin is running about the same as output as the BMW and Ducati 800s, and the 1200s have been built into the 170hp range, they could easily compete with any big ADV bikes.

Back
Top Bottom