Harley Davidson Adventure Motorcycle | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Harley Davidson Adventure Motorcycle

I think you guys are missing the point of an ADV bike. And technically any bike you go on an adventure with is now by default an adventure bike. Your not going to " hill climb " on purpose with a 700lb bike, you are going up a lot of hills because you have great traction controls and hill start assist. Your also not likely winning Paris-Dakar on a Canam 125.

The mileage in the back country, AZ where I used to live is a concern, but gas packs and rotomolded gas tanks solved that. And you take a change of clothes, tire repair kit , 2 liters of drinking water and a 6 pk of Hieneken with you.

Different horses for different courses.

Exactly. Not sure where people get the idea that an ADV bike is just a big dirt bike. You certainly would not take it to a hill climb, just not the right bike for the job obviously. It is a swiss army knife of motorcycles. Not perfect in any one thing but does a lot of things well and goes more places on more terrains then a sport bike, cruiser and dirt bike.

Exactly. Not sure where people get the idea that an ADV bike is just a big dirt bike. You certainly would not take it to a hill climb, just not the right bike for the job obviously. It is a swiss army knife of motorcycles. Not perfect in any one thing but does a lot of things well and goes more places on more terrains then a sport bike, cruiser and dirt bike.

I think everybody I've seen post in this thread so far knows this and is pretending not to because it's the middle of the week or something

Back
Top Bottom