Harley Davidson Adventure Motorcycle | GTAMotorcycle.com

Harley Davidson Adventure Motorcycle

Lightcycle

Rounder of bolts, Dropper of tools
Site Supporter
2i7vkj.jpg

https://www.harley-davidson.com/us/en/motorcycles/future-vehicles/pan-america.html

Launching in 2020 is the first Harley-Davidson® adventure touring motorcycle, the Pan America™ 1250cc. The commanding riding position allows the rider to see the world from another point of view. Travel coast-to-coast. On road or off. All while experiencing your own adventures.

I had to check the date to see if it was April 1st...

wowza, not sure what to think about that bike. I like the look... but don't. Really curious to see what the specs will be and what electronics they will be using.

Aside from looking really heavy and that seat that looks like a plank of wood, it's not bad. Image looks like a 'chop so I'm guessing there's still some design work going on.

Those cylinder covers. Barf. It's shocking that HD thought that these images were ready for release. Who looks at this and wants it? I am all for competition and don't mind them teasing products, but I think the promotion would have been much more successful without pictures (and even more successful with pics of a bike that looked good).

Those cylinder covers. Barf. It's shocking that HD thought that these images were ready for release. Who looks at this and wants it? I am all for competition and don't mind them teasing products, but I think the promotion would have been much more successful without pictures (and even more successful with pics of a bike that looked good).
Looks are subjective, I think it looks good.

The website states that it is a prototype model only so things will most definitely change.

One thing Harley will have is the most extensive dealer network in N. America for adventure bikes for getting service which is something HD does excel at.

I'm impressed that Harley is stepping up to the plate. I'm guessing this could appeal to the heavy ADV and ST segments.

Here's the challenges:

1) Price: under $15K to compete with Honda Suzuki and Kawi -- probably not. $20K to be competitive with a Yamaha aand KTM -- probably not, $25K to compete with like the BMW - likely. Or will their prices be something sillier?

2) Will they completely consider functionality before going to production? Concept bikes are designed to test marketing, real bikes need to satisfy buyers.

With Indian bringing out their FTR 1200, Harley needed a response -- I didn't expect this. I'm guessing the aging Harley buyers won't be too threatened by this, it's a great place for them to diversify. I also think this is a converging segment, little new in big STs for the last decade, big ADV bikes moving quickly into their space - that makes a bigger market for HD.

I'm impressed that Harley is stepping up to the plate. I'm guessing this could appeal to the heavy ADV and ST segments.

Here's the challenges:

1) Price: under $15K to compete with Honda Suzuki and Kawi -- probably not. $20K to be competitive with a Yamaha aand KTM -- probably not, $25K to compete with like the BMW - likely. Or will their prices be something sillier?

2) Will they completely consider functionality before going to production? Concept bikes are designed to test marketing, real bikes need to satisfy buyers.

With Indian bringing out their FTR 1200, Harley needed a response -- I didn't expect this. I'm guessing the aging Harley buyers won't be too threatened by this, it's a great place for them to diversify. I also think this is a converging segment, little new in big STs for the last decade, big ADV bikes moving quickly into their space - that makes a bigger market for HD.

I believe adventure bikes are the best selling segment, could be wrong but thought I read that somewhere.

I seriously doubt HD will be going after Honda Suzuki and Kawasaki in terms of pricing. Harley is a premium brand and will most likely be in the BMW and KTM range of prices, though would love to see something cheaper but would not hold my breath for that.

I believe adventure bikes are the best selling segment, could be wrong but thought I read that somewhere.

I seriously doubt HD will be going after Honda Suzuki and Kawasaki in terms of pricing. Harley is a premium brand and will most likely be in the BMW and KTM range of prices, though would love to see something cheaper but would not hold my breath for that.
The also have a new street fighter coming. If they can get the performance out of that 1l Vee, this might be another winner.
Harley_Streetfighter.jpg

https://www.harley-davidson.com/us/en/motorcycles/future-vehicles/streetfighter.html

I just hope these bikes will have decent specs and components. Not outdated from day one and grossly overweight.

By the way, this street fighter is designed as such that the rider will be sitting on an oven top. But if they will, in fact, build this - only a small step towards a genuine sport bike.

Must have snuck a peek at Eric Buell's notebook. Adapt or die is the motto, so good on them to push their limits.

I've seen ugly before......and it looks JUST LIKE THAT!

Back
Top Bottom