lucky today | GTAMotorcycle.com

lucky today

Skyway6

Out for a short ride today. Too hot to ride too far. Coming back home the long way. Come to a stop light. About 3 blocks up is another stop light and is where i intend to turn right.
I can see one of those work trucks in curb lane with the arrow at next light(so lane closed) There are also parked cars on other side of light. So traffic slows as people try to merge in from right.

For once i was thankful the traffic was slow there. About 200 ft back from next light the left lane looks dark. It looks like when they are paving a nearby road and the black gets transferred to the
old road.

So traffic stops. Put right foot down then left. Left foot slides out a bit. Test road with left foot and it is slippery like snail snot. Some kind of oil or grease on the entire left lane for at least one or 2 blocks.
Glad i put right foot down first. (was closer to right lane and not as greasy) Also glad traffic stopped where it did. IF i had have made it closer to the next light i probably would have gone down. I carefully
turned off into a side street and got far away from that crap.

Lucky day is right.
Sometimes timing is everything.

Sent from my purple G4 using Tapatalk

Well, that was lucky. The road is full of hazards. Just when you become complacent the Devil throws another slider at you.

Road crews are usually ignorant about the safety of others. Signage, spills, steel plates etc only endanger the motorist and motorcycles are more vulnerable.

Back
Top Bottom