Doug ford - First month in a nutshell | GTAMotorcycle.com

Doug ford - First month in a nutshell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKk9lIN0vG8

Didn't know he was opposed to the LCBO monopolizing weed.

You're surprised Doug would be in favour of small entrepreneurs selling weed (and hash)? I'm not. It will result in a much better variety of selection, better hours, and competitive pricing. The LCBO is a joke. There isn't a bottle of Blanton's anywhere in Ontario. With them it would be a selection of several strains, take it or leave it.

Blantons is about $90 US, so LCBO price would be about $180? That's a pricey bourbon, and Blantons cant make enough to supply the home market let alone export to Canada,

Supporting a monopoly with the LCBO goes against the grain with the conservative approach.

Government will control the price through taxation . If I recall correctly not one corporation promised low prices thorough private stores . All they promise is convince .

You're surprised Doug would be in favour of small entrepreneurs selling weed (and hash)? I'm not. It will result in a much better variety of selection, better hours, and competitive pricing. The LCBO is a joke. There isn't a bottle of Blanton's anywhere in Ontario. With them it would be a selection of several strains, take it or leave it.

It definitely helps large grocers/retailers who want to sell weed (and their shareholders).

It’s possible small boutique retailers could pop up in this space too but I wouldn’t count on it.

Unless I’m missing something this amounts to shifting a portion of the potential revenue windfall from cannabis legalization away from government to private retail giants.

I have doubts about any long term benefits to the end customer, taxpayer or the frontline workers from this move.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

I have doubts about any long term benefits to the end customer, taxpayer or the frontline workers from this move.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Wynnebags weed stores will take a long time to roll out, even in her stupid plan they may be very far apart and nobody is really sure what the size of the legal weed market is. Allowing private stores to operate is very likely to solve the first two problems and passes the liability in the third out of the public domain. Having a weed corner in LCBO (similar to vintages) is the rational approach to Wynn's plan. I can't see any upside to her ridiculous idea other than somebody made a giant amount of money helping her set it up.

The good news is he's doing what he said he would do. His popularity is higher now than on election day, and higher than Wynne ever had - so he's winning over a fair number of his opponents.

I think the only surprises so far are the reduction of Councillors in Toronto and some others. Funny think about this is it increased his popularity, and the decision itself is more popular than Ford's actual popularity.

The difference between this leader and the last two? He's doing what we asked him to do.

The difference between this leader and the last two? He's doing what we asked him to do.

Since Wynne got elected on promises to carry on McGuinty's douchebaggery, I would argue that she also did what we asked her to do.

Last edited:
Wifey works for gov't, they're losing their fridge and kettle and water (hot and cold)

Way to save pennies

Wifey works for gov't, they're losing their fridge and kettle and water (hot and cold) Way to save pennies
Sounds like someone in middle management is playing around, trying to make a point.

Anyone else notice gas prices dropping by $0.10 the week of ditching the cap and trade program, but as of this week, it's gone up $0.13+ since then?

Anyone else notice gas prices dropping by $0.10 the week of ditching the cap and trade program, but as of this week, it's gone up $0.13+ since then?
$1.27 here

$1.27 here

Was seeing 135-139.9 over the last 4 days...

Co-worker in Hamilton mentioned prices there were around 128.

I'm sure there's more to defining what the gas prices are/should be, but I (don't know about anyone else), was led to believe the the Cap and Trade program was the cause of around the $0.10 increase. Eliminating it brought it back down for a week or two, but now it's back up.

Would this mean gas would have hit almost $1.5/L if the program wasn't cancelled, or was the short-term drop just another short-term political move to prove that our premier is sticking to what he claims?

The good news is he's doing what he said he would do. His popularity is higher now than on election day, and higher than Wynne ever had - so he's winning over a fair number of his opponents.

I think the only surprises so far are the reduction of Councillors in Toronto and some others. Funny think about this is it increased his popularity, and the decision itself is more popular than Ford's actual popularity.

He made 5 promises https://www.ontariopc.ca/plan_for_the_people none of them have been realized yet and the promise of accountability and trust has already been broken in a big way.

The video in the OP said both Wynne and Ford were at 40% when they started. Obviously polls vary but I'd like to know where you got your info?

Back
Top Bottom