*** riding group proposal - easy pace riding *** | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

*** riding group proposal - easy pace riding ***

Try to find another experienced rider to lead a second group. Make sure he or she knows the route and if the group gets split up by traffic or stop lights, they can meet up at set rendez-vous points like scenic breaks or a lunch spot along the way. That way you're not messing around with cellphones, SMS, WhatsApp on the side of the road.

Not a bad idea.

Just to be clear, not necessarily all 13 will ride at once. Some people in the west, some in the east, not everyone has the same schedule. People will also be free to arrange their own rides :)

Thanks for the reply.We are just concerned for everyones safety.There have been some nasty noob group rides in the past.Ride safe,Ric.

Just a reminder from a rider with a lot of experience with group rides.13 bikes is a lot of people doing a lot of stuff.Things can go wrong very quickly especially with inexperienced riders.Just saying.

This

In general if you are new imo you should not rude in bigger groups I would say 3 total. it’s even better to ride alone as a newbie. You got lots of time for group rides. When you start out I would recommend to ride alone.. I only been riding since 2010 but these are my observations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have belonged to both CMC and SC - which are great groups - but you have upwards of 20 bikes in a ride going 10 kms below the speed limit - and accidents still happen. I have joined meet up groups which say they support safe riding - only to watch two riders almost run each other off the road because they both decided to pass in the staggered formation without checking apparently either in front or behind them.

I have ridden long enough and far enough on enough butt clenching roads that relaxed pace appeals to me - a chance to actually enjoy the scenery and not constantly checking for flashing cherries :) Not going to lie and say I never venture into "spirited", but if I want to do that, I know where to find company or go on my own. Finding riders who are willing to say 'I don't want to always be peg scraping' is a lot harder to do. Private message sent:)

I have belonged to both CMC and SC - which are great groups - but you have upwards of 20 bikes in a ride going 10 kms below the speed limit - and accidents still happen. I have joined meet up groups which say they support safe riding - only to watch two riders almost run each other off the road because they both decided to pass in the staggered formation without checking apparently either in front or behind them.

I have ridden long enough and far enough on enough butt clenching roads that relaxed pace appeals to me - a chance to actually enjoy the scenery and not constantly checking for flashing cherries :) Not going to lie and say I never venture into "spirited", but if I want to do that, I know where to find company or go on my own. Finding riders who are willing to say 'I don't want to always be peg scraping' is a lot harder to do. Private message sent:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been on couple 20+ bikes group rides... one to Port Dover, and to Algonquin Park.
I've been on quite few small group rides with up to 5 bikes as well...
I understand the concerns about the big group riding together, but at the same time if everyone in the group knows and understands how to ride in a group, the size of the group doesn't really matter ... in my opinion of course.
Taking into consideration the idea behind THIS group ( EASY PACE RIDING ), I doubt it would be a problem for all of us to ride together.

just my two cents :)

I am in too

If you have more than 7 riders it’s always best to break into smaller groups of 6 or less . Safer and a more responsible way to share the road.

Other than a ride of two bikes an odd number lets the group have a blocking position front and rear. FWIW.

I like the concept as setting out from the get go that it's not a push the limits ride. For me the drawback is that it's a ride and I have problems with them.

1) The biggest problem with any ride, sport or laid back, is keeping the group together while obeying all laws. If everyone does a full stop for every stop sign and yields to traffic the group gets broken up and has to do a pull over to regroup. The bigger the group the bigger the problem.

2) A laid back ride impedes other traffic. A lively ride annoys other traffic.

My M/C event preference is a meet in the middle where riders arrive from different locations and share some good times. Unless the destination is a public park or the like come prepared to spend some money. DO NOT takeover a restaurant parking lot, sit around for a couple of hours and only buy a coffee and use the loo.

Good luck on the group.

So where does this group base out of and has there been any rides planned yet? I'm curious and would enjoy finding a group that I can ride with on occasion that won't make me feel like I might lose my license if I get nabbed.

If all 20-30 members go on a ride together, it's bound to attract attention. Perhaps better to split into smaller groups.

If all 20-30 members go on a ride together, it's bound to attract attention. Perhaps better to split into smaller groups.
trust me, it will never happen.. In the best case scenario, it will be 5-10 riders.. the group is a little bit quite right now but it has good people who prefer safe/reasonable riding. I think we actually need to organize something in the next few days just to meet all the new and old people

Back
Top Bottom