Corbin | GTAMotorcycle.com

Corbin

Wingboy

Site Supporter
Corbin gets a lot of negative reviews because of the cost.The first Corbin i bought was for a 1984 BMW R80RT. It was $620 back in 1990.The Corbin for my Honda CRF250Rally was $575.A LOT of money and a lot of people will say i should have bought Canadian or a cheaper Seat Concepts.But 1/2 an hour on it tells me i made the right decision.I've turned my 250 into a "90mpg tourer"Hahaha.
It's only money.
P7270009_zpsnj2rxxpu.jpg

P7270010_zpszqu1nsfi.jpg

P7270011_zpsn28ewszt.jpg

P7270012_zpscstl5sek.jpg

P7270013_zpst1fzrdie.jpg

I don't know why manufacturers haven't jumped into the seat game. Either sell a corbin as a factory option or create their own comfortable seat and sell you that. The stock seat does not seem ideal for a motorcycle on the street.

I don't know why manufacturers haven't jumped into the seat game. Either sell a corbin as a factory option or create their own comfortable seat and sell you that. The stock seat does not seem ideal for a motorcycle on the street.

Yamaha have started adding comfort seat options to its new bikes. It’s a win/win, make the stock seat so cheap and uncomfortable that the owner has no choice but to replace the existing seat.

Ducati has 2 options on their DP seats.Race or Comfort.I had the Comfort seat on an 1100 Hypermotard.It was as good as a Corbin at half the price.

The OEM seat is uncomfortable by design as a reminder that you should be standing more, LoL

Yamaha have started adding comfort seat options to its new bikes. It’s a win/win, make the stock seat so cheap and uncomfortable that the owner has no choice but to replace the existing seat.

This is very true. The Yamaha R3 for example has a pretty comfortable seat for a new sports bike.

I have recieved plenty surprised reactions from people that tried to sit on it expecting it to be of poor quality and comfort.

I've ridden my R3 for 5 hours straight and I can tell you that my behind felt comfort the whole time.

I should clarify my post, Yamaha offers the comfort seat as a separate accessory. For instance the seat that comes standard with FZ09/MT09 is adequate if you are a eunuch.

Neda had a Corbin on her F650GS. Loved it. Very comfortable.

Problems started when the material starting fraying and letting water into the upholstery, making it waterlogged when it rained. Felt like you were sitting on a wet sponge and took forever to dry. The seat was only a couple of years old.

Called Corbin, and they told us to pound salt.

Will never buy a seat from them again. Bought a Sargent to replace it. It felt 15 lb *lighter* than the Corbin! Very happy with Sargent.

Virtually everyone I ride with has spent big bucks for an aftermarket Corbin, Sargent or Russell seat as the OEM's ones are useless after 2 hours. Perhaps one exception I've noted is the Goldwing seat as the OEM one looks pretty similar to the aftermarket ones to start with and riders seem to be content with keeping them.

This guy actually owned a seat concepts and Corbin and perfers the seat concepts. I'm really trying to figure if this is worth it for my crf250l. Torn between the two.

https://youtu.be/7JYERzpOVds

3feacd5787f007289f8a8b7c608fb64f.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Stock seat is barely 7" wide.Seat Concepts is 8".Corbin is almost 11".My Rally spends a lot more time on the road than the dirt.SC prolly would have been ok for me,but i didn't want to find myself wishing i had bought the Corbin after the fact.AND...i'm 65 now.Every bit of comfort goes a long way.

Where are you? You can try mine if we can hook up.

Stock seat is barely 7" wide.Seat Concepts is 8".Corbin is almost 11".My Rally spends a lot more time on the road than the dirt.SC prolly would have been ok for me,but i didn't want to find myself wishing i had bought the Corbin after the fact.AND...i'm 65 now.Every bit of comfort goes a long way.

Where are you? You can try mine if we can hook up.
Mississauga... You?

I haven't had a problem with the seat yet but I've only really commuted on it. Going to take it to gopher dunes next week. See how it does on all day trails.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Corbin gets a lot of negative reviews because of the cost.The first Corbin i bought was for a 1984 BMW R80RT. It was $620 back in 1990.The Corbin for my Honda CRF250Rally was $575.A LOT of money and a lot of people will say i should have bought Canadian or a cheaper Seat Concepts.But 1/2 an hour on it tells me i made the right decision.I've turned my 250 into a "90mpg tourer"Hahaha.
It's only money.
P7270009_zpsnj2rxxpu.jpg

P7270010_zpszqu1nsfi.jpg

P7270011_zpsn28ewszt.jpg

P7270012_zpscstl5sek.jpg

P7270013_zpst1fzrdie.jpg

That's a nice setup. $575 for the seat. $7000 for the bike. Hahaha, it's only money that you'll never see again. Nice seat though.

I still ride my $800 customized CM250c. Leather seat. 70mpg. Lacklustre performance. I love the 250 Rally, just can't part with the dough. Maybe I'll buy yours when you're done with it.

That's a nice setup. $575 for the seat. $7000 for the bike. Hahaha, it's only money that you'll never see again. Nice seat though.

I still ride my $800 customized CM250c. Leather seat. 70mpg. Lacklustre performance. I love the 250 Rally, just can't part with the dough. Maybe I'll buy yours when you're done with it.

The Rally was $6300.I have the oem saddle to go back on and will sell the Corbin for prolly $350 when i'm done with it.I'll prolly have the Rally for a couple of years.Depends how much trials riding i do with my daughter.

It’s your ride, you decide. We spend more money than we care to admit on much less.

Corbin has a great rep by many. However, you can’t please everyone.

I does surprise me that manufactures universally make cheap and uncomfortable seats on the majority of the machines they make.

Sure, they have upgrades etc. But it’s nice to have options.

Congrats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My last few bikes have had Corbin's. On each of those bikes I could only do about 45 minutes on the stock seat before getting really uncomfortable. Switch to a Corbin and I can do 3hours no problem. Getting a new/used Corbin for $300 is the most I've ever spent.

Back
Top Bottom