Need advice on this | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Need advice on this

Hi Everyone

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-sport-bikes...on/1371294704?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1369464623

What is a fair price for one of these?

I really like the new Honda CB300R but it is a little over budget of 5k all in. I don't drive on highway (not allow by wife) currently have M1 and will do the class in mid august for the M2

Thanks

Get the Honda.

BTW with a M1 you can't ride 400 series highways anyway. But once you upgrade your licence you should also look into getting some balls and do what the **** you want to do and not what your wife tells you to do.

Get the Honda.

BTW with a M1 you can't ride 400 series highways anyway. But once you upgrade your licence you should also look into getting some balls and do what the **** you want to do and not what your wife tells you to do.

Ya man! **** our loved ones and respecting their concerns....that’s for chumps! /s

18oMBMXh.jpg

Seems the links are to those that DO own them. :rolleyes:
He quite capable of joining the appropriate forum and asking.

Just what "thrills" are there with 40 horse at 10k rpm and a whopping 24 footpounds of torque on the 390

The 43 HP and 30 FT lb of the CB500f offset by the added weight ....neither is a "thrill" machine:

FZ6 with 98HP would give him thrills and there are a bunch in his price range. And a well proven machine.

Sounds like you’ve never ridden a KTM 390.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

With Honda summer deal financing I don’t see why a brand new cb300r would be a problem.

All 3 bikes have PLENTY of power for city riding.

I survived on a Suzuki tu250x for years for city AND highway riding and it was a blast.

The cb300r is also significantly lighter than the 500f and also looks way better (but to be honest I don’t think Honda has made an actual good looking bike in years and years).

Personally I wouldn’t get the KTM 390. It will run HOT in stop and go traffic if that’s all you’re riding in.

What do you think i should make an offer for the new cb300r. Dealer needs to make money. Just want to pay a fair price like everyone else.

With Honda summer deal financing I don’t see why a brand new cb300r would be a problem.

All 3 bikes have PLENTY of power for city riding.

I survived on a Suzuki tu250x for years for city AND highway riding and it was a blast.

The cb300r is also significantly lighter than the 500f and also looks way better (but to be honest I don’t think Honda has made an actual good looking bike in years and years).

Personally I wouldn’t get the KTM 390. It will run HOT in stop and go traffic if that’s all you’re riding in.

What do you think i should make an offer for the new cb300r. Dealer needs to make money. Just want to pay a fair price like everyone else.

When I originally bought my 250 the dealers were giving almost nothing off...I think they didn't charge me freight and PDI and maybe $200 off MSRP...

I wonder what the freight and PDI charge is on the CB300R....the online site says $0...

Sounds like you’ve never ridden a KTM 390.

No intention to either. You might think they are comparable ...I don't in the least.

You'd recommend a 390 to the OP after a review like this ??

https://wheelsnshields.com/reviews/the-devils-advocate/

It's a hooligan machine - nothing wrong with that category - but with some rather serious potential problems....you think his wife would approve ?

2000 km and it gets sold ?? hmmm :D

Last edited:
Didn't read the entire article,don't need to.300V for a 390 mild tune streetbike? The author doesn't know what he is talking about......fake news.

No sniping here.Just my 2 cents worth from my experience

Last edited:

Tbh I doubt you’ll get any deal for it. It’s a brand new model. There’s no reason for them to budge on new stock.

I’d still pick this over a used cbr300 though. The new model is way lighter and looks infinitely better, especially if this is gonna be your go-to ride for a while.

No intention to either. You might think they are comparable ...I don't in the least.

You'd recommend a 390 to the OP after a review like this ??

https://wheelsnshields.com/reviews/the-devils-advocate/

It's a hooligan machine - nothing wrong with that category - but with some rather serious potential problems....you think his wife would approve ?

2000 km and it gets sold ?? hmmm :D

What are you talking about? I already mentioned in this thread that I wouldn’t recommend the 390, especially for just city riding.

I was referring to you just spouting figures and automatically assuming it’d be a non-thrilling ride.

Didn't read the entire article,don't need to.300V for a 390 mild tune streetbike? The author doesn't know what he is talking about......fake news.

No sniping here.Just my 2 cents worth from my experience
It looks like an Indian review, superbikes start at 300CC over there. Also bike manufacturers tune their bikes for Indian reviewers, anything over 300cc will deliver acceleration that might 'rip your arms off' or 'collapse your chest' or in this review 'give you a swift kick in the crotch' if you're too hard on the throttle.

A 390 might be a hooligan bike in a city with a 60kmh speed limit, but only for a buyer who likes to be a city hooligan -- the bike doesn't compel you to ride like that.

An R3 will own a 390 duke in pretty much ever category. It's faster, it's got reasonably comfortable ergos, range and -- most importantly cost of ownership.

Back
Top Bottom