Need advice on this | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Need advice on this

no you are not - do your homework on reliability...

Is the KTM engine as reliable as Honda’s and Yamaha’s?

6 Answers
Dandamudi Mohan Krishna
Dandamudi Mohan Krishna, Riding bikes since 1999 and still is first love
Answered Aug 21, 2017
Unfortunately they’re not

No one can match the reliability and refinement of the Japanese bikes even bigger companies like BMW and Ducati cannot. The Japanese are the benchmark for that , but they all are not so far either. When it comes to KTM we have seen few niggles especially the overheating in the 390 when entire bikes shuts down sometimes and restarts after cooling down which is not the case of any Japanese bikes atleast I know of.

https://www.quora.com/Is-the-KTM-engine-as-reliable-as-Honda’s-and-Yamaha’s

If it was all about the "perfectly reliable" bike,then we would all be on bikes made by Kenmore.Don't buy a Hyosung.I've owned lots of euro bikes and never had a serious problem.Take advice from those who have owned them.Not the internet.

Advice?

JqSAkvw.jpg
42=too late.... may need larger dosage

Are the Dukes reliable? I’ve only seen them and they look sweet....Honda is boring lol

there are reports of engine overheat problems with the 390's
not sure how common it is

the newer gen have electrical gremlins
the dash is basically a tablet and has issues

the new gen is easy to spot as the headlight is split in half
older gen did not have the electrical problems
apparently they've been doing firmware updates
not sure of the success on that

it's a typical European bike (but built in India)
there will be things go wrong that don't on Asian bikes

up to you if you want to grin broadly every ride
or opt for dead nuts reliability that never thrills

Seems the links are to those that DO own them. :rolleyes:
He quite capable of joining the appropriate forum and asking.

Just what "thrills" are there with 40 horse at 10k rpm and a whopping 24 footpounds of torque on the 390

The 43 HP and 30 FT lb of the CB500f offset by the added weight ....neither is a "thrill" machine:

FZ6 with 98HP would give him thrills and there are a bunch in his price range. And a well proven machine.

Last edited:

Don't listen to bad advice. I took my wife on the highway from Islington to Kipling, and she cracked two of my ribs.

I am more than happy with just riding even on a scooter. Just need to get something that has enough power to go around and not too powerful for me to do anything crazy. I am not in my 20 anymore.

Went to readypower yesterday. they have a KTM used around 3000km for $3300 very tempting. try on the 500f and the new cb300r as well.

KTM 390 2015

1.jpg

Hi Everyone

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-sport-bikes...on/1371294704?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1369464623

What is a fair price for one of these?

I really like the new Honda CB300R but it is a little over budget of 5k all in. I don't drive on highway (not allow by wife) currently have M1 and will do the class in mid august for the M2

Thanks

If it helps I bought my 2016 cbr300r brand new last year in 2017. I'll be selling it at end of season or in spring for 3700. It will have under 6000km. This is just to give you the idea of what pricing is like for that model. Insurance for my bike was only $900 a year.

Thanks i only interested in naked bike.

If it helps I bought my 2016 cbr300r brand new last year in 2017. I'll be selling it at end of season or in spring for 3700. It will have under 6000km. This is just to give you the idea of what pricing is like for that model. Insurance for my bike was only $900 a year.

Thanks i only interested in naked bike.
Have you considered the new Honda CB300R ? Looks pretty good, also naked.

Also, Suzuki TU250 is my personal favorite among smaller bikes. St. Onge in Barrie had a new 2018 model for $4800 a month ago.
Not sure if still around.

Last edited:
Yes it is my first choice. I sat on it in the showroom as well.

Have you considered the new Honda CB300R ? Looks pretty good, also naked.

Also, Suzuki TU250 is my personal favorite among smaller bikes. St. Onge in Barrie had a new 2018 model for $4800 a month ago.
Not sure if still around.

cb500f it is, it sounds like.

enjoy :)

i had one of those commutes this morning where i remembered exactly why i got the bike.

you know, when there's a lot traffic but it's all moving smoothly (not stop and go) and you get to change lanes and accelerate just at the right spot at the right time, like when you're in the matrix and everything is aligned... what a feeling

If it was all about the "perfectly reliable" bike,then we would all be on bikes made by Kenmore.Don't buy a Hyosung.I've owned lots of euro bikes and never had a serious problem.Take advice from those who have owned them.Not the internet.

+1.

For every self-selected product reviewer who posts to the web there's a multitude who have a different experience, better or worse.

Buying a motorcycle isn't the same as buying an appliance. Your emotional response to it means a great deal. If you're not excited by it you're buying the wrong one, and even if it's the right one now eventually you're going to want something else.

Every make and model has it's fanboys & girls and its' detractors. Certainly don't ignore their opinions, but don't give them an inordinate weight in your decision making. Hear/read them all then YOU decide which one turns your crank.

Back
Top Bottom