Need advice on this | GTAMotorcycle.com

Need advice on this

The first thing to do is to price out and get a firm commitment on insurance for the bikes that you're interested in. That can sometimes cost more than the bike itself.

If you are staying off the highway and want to save money, it is hard to go wrong with any of the 250/300 class bikes. Tons are available used. The downside is most are sport bike style and you seem to prefer standards.

Thanks for less than 500cc it is under $1200 (M2) for me when add it to my car insurance. I am 42 already.

The first thing to do is to price out and get a firm commitment on insurance for the bikes that you're interested in. That can sometimes cost more than the bike itself.

I don't drive on highway (not allow by wife)

Just a heads up for you (although maybe you already know) that the highway is infinitely safer than non-divided roads. Most of bad crashes are either rider error (running off the road or into oncoming traffic) or left turning vehicles taking out the bike. The highway almost eliminates both of those scenarios.

I don't drive on highway (not allow by wife)...

... I am 42 already.

Advice?

JqSAkvw.jpg

Unless things have changed I do not think you can even ride on the highway with an M1 so not your wife, just the law.

Personally I feel safer on a highway with no stop and go and no one pulling out of parking lots and drive ways without looking. Personally I would go with a 500cc bike to start, you will get much more life out of the larger engine. If money is an issue you might be paying more for service and parts on the KTM as well though I could be wrong on that, it is a more premium brand.

I only get this when I get the M2. The M1 insurance is just crazy for a few weeks. I don't drive now even though I do have a scooter Honda Sh150i.

Unless things have changed I do not think you can even ride on the highway with an M1 so not your wife, just the law.

Personally I feel safer on a highway with no stop and go and no one pulling out of parking lots and drive ways without looking. Personally I would go with a 500cc bike to start, you will get much more life out of the larger engine. If money is an issue you might be paying more for service and parts on the KTM as well though I could be wrong on that, it is a more premium brand.

1.jpg

Yup just had a t-bone when I was in oahu a few week ago. I am not new to driving a motorcycle. It is just that it takes more than 20 years to convince my wife to let me have a motorcycle again.

Just a heads up for you (although maybe you already know) that the highway is infinitely safer than non-divided roads. Most of bad crashes are either rider error (running off the road or into oncoming traffic) or left turning vehicles taking out the bike. The highway almost eliminates both of those scenarios.

Last edited:
I had the 250 and the CB500F and definitely recommend the 500 if you’re not new to riding. It’s not that much more money, and it’s a very versatile bike. Highway is so so because no wind protection but great bike overall....still hate myself for selling it.

Thanks for all the advice. Pretty much set on the honda cb500f ...and the style of (cb300r). Hopefully i can join the ride with member of this forum soon.

Get the CBR500....you get the style and motor! LoL

im actually torn which way to go also...have only had Honda and a part wants to stick with what I know but another part wants something new (cruiser / diff brand). The KTM looks nice.

mrtraitor

what is your inseam ???

The CBR500 is pretty compact - possible you might feel cramped a bit.

The CB500X is a tad taller and more open.

okay - even the CB500R might be a challenge..

I'm 30"

these help a lot and good riding boots

ccimb216.jpg

should give you the extra inch for stablity

Seat Height CB500f 30.7 inches

Back
Top Bottom