Need information about buying a New/Used Motorcycle. | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Need information about buying a New/Used Motorcycle.

@roadrash - Yeah Aparently, this season is almost over so no point buying it now. That is why I decided to go for next year April.

@JavaFan - Yeah Man, Rebel is Kind of thin compared to Vulcun, HD has lost it touch with Street 500. Sports Bike, I have given up on them. Seems like every Insurance Co. are staying away from new rider and SS combination.

And Now I have a lots of Information - Thanks to the Forum - to go out shopping for Insurance and Motocycles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@roadrash - Yeah Aparently, this season is almost over so no point buying it now. That is why I decided to go for next year April.

@JavaFan - Yeah Man, Rebel is Kind of thin compared to Vulcun, HD has lost it touch with Street 500. Sports Bike, I have given up on them. Seems like every Insurance Co. are staying away from new rider and SS combination.

And Now I have a lots of Information - Thanks to the Forum - to go out shopping for Insurance and Motocycles.

It's never too late. Still 3-4 months left this season Aug - Nov. Also, remember that you're paying insurance for the whole year, so whether you get the bike now or in April, doesn't really matter. Just my $0.02.

I bought a bike within 2 weeks of getting licensed. No patience to wait till next season lol.

It's never too late. Still 3-4 months left this season Aug - Nov. Also, remember that you're paying insurance for the whole year, so whether you get the bike now or in April, doesn't really matter. Just my $0.02.

I bought a bike within 2 weeks of getting licensed. No patience to wait till next season lol.

True, but when you are new to Canada and are on WP plus No OHIP, Patience is the only thing you are left with.

Thanks for the Info JavaFan,
Quick question - So anything Sports above 500cc will cost more on the Insurance ? There is no chance I would get a decent insurance premium on Sports bike ?

Got a 08 R6 the day before I got my M1 last year. Paid around $400 a month (with fire and theft). After a year it has gone down to $300. Depends on what matters to you most.

To some, saving money and compromising on aesthetics allows them to buy more buckets of KFC, cigarettes, and beer throughout the month. In my case, a little compromise was necessary so I found other areas where funds don't need to be going, put a stop to it and redirected the funds to my insurance.

All about prioritization. If you really desire it, then it will be well worth it.

There's always a way to restructure your finance on the back end if you feel like you can't do much about your current income.

That said, if you don't have the beating heart of a super sport rider, then there are much better bikes when it comes to saving on insurance. Many members here could help you with that.

Sent from my SM-G955W using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Got a 08 R6 the day before I got my M1 last year. Paid around $400 a month (with fire and theft). After a year it has gone down to $300. Depends on what matters to you most.

To some, saving money and compromising on aesthetics allows them to buy more buckets of KFC, cigarettes, and beer throughout the month. In my case, a little compromise was necessary so I found other areas where funds don't need to be going, put a stop to it and redirected the funds to my insurance.

All about prioritization. If you really desire it, then it will be well worth it.

There's always a way to restructure your finance on the back end if you feel like you can't do much about your current income.

That said, if you don't have the beating heart of a super sport rider, then there are much better bikes when it comes to saving on insurance. Many members here could help you with that.

Sent from my SM-G955W using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Honestly speaking, Sir, You have pumped me up. It’s like turning the handle to illuminate the right direction. I am holding back just because of the insurance, since I am an entry level Developer here living on my own couldn’t able to save much. But you said the right thing about “Wanting”.

At the last moment, just before Buying the motorcycle, I will definitely follow my instinct.

Fall is the nicest time of year for riding.
add: you are at the top of your game because you been riding all season, cars have been watching for motorcycles for the first 2/3rds of the season so you enjoy a slight margin of safety, once the leaves go you get a better view through the woods which is good and cooler temps make wearing some protective gear bearable.

Last edited:
Honestly speaking, Sir, You have pumped me up. It’s like turning the handle to illuminate the right direction. I am holding back just because of the insurance, since I am an entry level Developer here living on my own couldn’t able to save much. But you said the right thing about “Wanting”.

At the last moment, just before Buying the motorcycle, I will definitely follow my instinct.

in NA
indulging a motorcycle purchase is a want
deciding which one you need is done with the brain
don't be bullied into something you don't need
because someone says it's cool
there are many ways with a bike to be cool

@roadrash - Yeah Aparently, this season is almost over....
only about half way.

I put 15,000 km on my CBF1000 between when I bought it Sept 15th and end of season 2015 tho that was an exceptionally good year.

You get the vital first season under your belt as well...insurance companies really want that.

There is lots of time yet for several rides to Pennsylvania which will give you a look at what real riding is about.
Not the boring Ontario roads.

.... cars have been watching for motorcycles for the first 2/3rds of the season .....

Optimistic. Closer to say they are used to us more.

But agreed, the cooler weather is nice cause you can gear up and not sweat buckets.

Can't wait. Had 3 fat suckers smashed on my shield yesterday in a matter of 15 min. Getting tired of cleaning the shield after every ride.

I just wipe mine on CBR1000R owners jackets when they show up for meets :D

I am 25 now will complete it in April next year. And yeah I got it. I need to have a M and a good years of Exp to make the premium go down on a sports.

Thanks.

Don’t expect there is huge reduction in premium after getting a M. I’m a little more mature rider (44) and I just got my M this July, guess what no change in insurance premium at all. Number of years insured in motorcycle is also major factor too.

Keep your choice to 500 and below, with or without fairings makes no difference. ABS does help lower the premium plus added safety, especially for new riders.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

...cars have been watching for motorcycles for the first 2/3rds of the season so you enjoy a slight margin of safety, once the leaves go you get a better view through the woods...

The season is nowhere near close to being over but this "margin of safety" is imaginary man. There's zero evidence supporting a claim that 2/3 of the way into a season, we are somehow safer from distracted drivers. Also once the leaves are off the trees they are on the road which is just lovely for traction.

Back
Top Bottom