Gas can illegal to carry in saddle bags? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Gas can illegal to carry in saddle bags?

If you're interested still, Royal Distributing sells those Harley wedge gas cans. They are designed to fit in the side bags, whether you are comfortable with that or not is up to you.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

If you're interested still, Royal Distributing sells those Harley wedge gas cans. They are designed to fit in the side bags, whether you are comfortable with that or not is up to you.

It is funny you mention this. I was going to purchase one from Royal, just so I could mull it over some more. But they have this wired policy, or so they told me, they require your name and number for purchase. I was like really?? I just wanted to purchase and go. Nope you can't unless you give them the info. Something about this did not seem right so I left it, kinda forced me to make up my mind. I am fairly sure it is not necessary to give personal details to make a retail purchase.

Sent from the moon!

It is funny you mention this. I was going to purchase one from Royal, just so I could mull it over some more. But they have this wired policy, or so they told me, they require your name and number for purchase. I was like really?? I just wanted to purchase and go. Nope you can't unless you give them the info. Something about this did not seem right so I left it, kinda forced me to make up my mind. I am fairly sure it is not necessary to give personal details to make a retail purchase...

That's just weird! Can't imagine it is to identify a badly burned body, more likely so they can issue the product recall.

I'd sit it in the saddlebag and leave the lid off, but putting it in the hard bag with the lid on is building a bomb. The reason they have some rules agianst transport in enclosed tight spaces is because enough guys blew stuff up , so we get a rule.

That's just weird! Can't imagine it is to identify a badly burned body, more likely so they can issue the product recall.

I believe it is an overall purchase policy. Nothing to do with the gas can. I am sure it is to collect marketing data more then anything. Like when other stores ask for a email address, or phone number to reference your receipt. Nothing to do with that, just data collection. But at least at other places you can refuse and still make the purchase.

Call the manager and kick up a polite but firm fuss about the requirement to provide personal information, you should not *need* to do that to make a retail purchase unless there's a legitimate reason. There's no legitimate reason in this case - they just want to send you marketing material afterwards, that's it.

If even the manager insists, give them the address of a nearby Tim Hortons and see if they even clue in.

Tell them your a badass saddle tramp cowboy of no fixed address, you live on the open road. Say it like a pirate. or Popeye.

I believe it is an overall purchase policy. Nothing to do with the gas can. I am sure it is to collect marketing data more then anything. Like when other stores ask for a email address, or phone number to reference your receipt. Nothing to do with that, just data collection. But at least at other places you can refuse and still make the purchase.

Give them your fire-building neighbour across the street’s name and number ?

Or just make one up that you’ll remember.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been dealing with Royal for many years now. They've had my name address and phone number since the beginning. The only thing they have ever sent me was the new catalog, that's it.
However I have done returns without a receipt because they have an online record of every purchase I've ever made. Doesn't bother me one bit to give them my info.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Give them your fire-building neighbour across the street’s name and number 藍

Or just make one up that you’ll remember.

Ha good one, maybe I will use his for all this "kinda junk" info. I am sure he would appreciate that.

Back
Top Bottom