Danforth shooting | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Danforth shooting

reports have confirmed from the shooter's family that he was mentally ill.

The real problem with this city right now is that it is so easy to obtain a firearm. I can't even feel safe walking down my street anymore. Back in April, there was the random minivan attack, now this bs.
I dont think that's true at all.It's quite difficult to obtain a firearm...LEGALLY.You can pass all the laws you want but these crimes will still be comitted by illegally obtained firearms.

reports have confirmed from the shooter's family that he was mentally ill.

The real problem with this city right now is that it is so easy to obtain a firearm. I can't even feel safe walking down my street anymore. Back in April, there was the random minivan attack, now this bs.

Really? That’s the real problem with your city? Here’s a big news flash for you. Guns have always been easy to obtain. In fact, they used to be much easier to obtain. The problem is that no one seems to hold any value to life and very poor mental illness funding.

10 people were killed in the van attack. Do we have a van problem as well? The problem is not the weapon, it is the person yielding it.

false argument, the van vs gun commentary

easy to disprove with one rhetorical question
do we need vans?

but agree completely this is a mental health question
lots of blame to go around there
don't know anything about the family or how they tried to affect positive change
but I bet you a box of doughnuts they could have done more to help prevent a mass shooting
too easy to blame everything on government

false argument, the van vs gun commentary

easy to disprove with one rhetorical question
do we need vans?

but agree completely this is a mental health question
lots of blame to go around there
don't know anything about the family or how they tried to affect positive change
but I bet you a box of doughnuts they could have done more to help prevent a mass shooting
too easy to blame everything on government

What's false about it? Do you think you're going to solve the problem by outlawing guns? Because one look at Europe and all the terror attacks there prove you absolutely wrong. We DO have a problem with the mentally ill. This year alone we have had several knife attacks, people being pushed in front of subway cars, moving cars, among others. Why is it so easy to overlook a guy sawing someone's head off on a bus, then make a big thing out of an active shooter? There are dangerous people walking the street who authorities know about, yet nobody wants to institutionalize them because it's too expensive. Ever watch "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest"? Well, someone took that movie seriously and let them all out in the 1970s. You see them lying around the street every day and nobody wants to address the problem.

What's false about it? Do you think you're going to solve the problem by outlawing guns? Because one look at Europe and all the terror attacks there prove you absolutely wrong. We DO have a problem with the mentally ill. This year alone we have had several knife attacks, people being pushed in front of subway cars, moving cars, among others. Why is it so easy to overlook a guy sawing someone's head off on a bus, then make a big thing out of an active shooter? There are dangerous people walking the street who authorities know about, yet nobody wants to institutionalize them because it's too expensive. Ever watch "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest"? Well, someone took that movie seriously and let them all out in the 1970s. You see them lying around the street every day and nobody wants to address the problem.

41 gun deaths in Toronto alone in 2016 compared to 58 terrorism deaths across the whole of Europe in 2016. 2015 had more deaths because of the Nice attacks (87 dead) but there were still over 250 shootings (not all resulting in death) for 2015/16/17 each year in Toronto alone (407 shootings in 2016). That’s comparing one North American city to the entire continent of Europe. Granted this is comparing all shootings in Toronto to only terrorism related killings in Europe but you get my gist. There is a gun crime issue here. I’m trying to find similar data for Europe (total shootings) but my guess is you’d have to look City by City as they only seem to list mass shootings.

Whatever is going on here someone is not doing their job(s). There will be some finger pointing, stern public statements made about "we will get to the bottom of this", a 120 page report will be made and nothing will actually be done. Then it will happen again, rinse repeat.

Sent from the moon!

41 gun deaths in Toronto alone in 2016 compared to 58 terrorism deaths across the whole of Europe in 2016. 2015 had more deaths because of the Nice attacks (87 dead) but there were still over 250 shootings (not all resulting in death) for 2015/16/17 each year in Toronto alone (407 shootings in 2016). That’s comparing one North American city to the entire continent of Europe. Granted this is comparing all shootings in Toronto to only terrorism related killings in Europe but you get my gist. There is a gun crime issue here. I’m trying to find similar data for Europe (total shootings) but my guess is you’d have to look City by City as they only seem to list mass shootings.

That is cherry picking stats.

That is cherry picking stats.

The argument was gun crime vs terror related incidents (involving vans), if anything I included all terror related incidents, not just "van" ones and the numbers speak for themselves. Remember, this is comparing one North American city with an entire continent.

2015 was an unusual year in Europe, by far one of the most deadly for terrorist related incidents but constant data from Toronto shows that the number of shootings year on year is around 250 in recent years and the homicide figures don't spike that much. To put it in context though, Toronto is still a very safe city compared to many others in North America, it's actually one of the safest, but then compare that to Europe and you'll see that terrorism related deaths are not that high when put in context too. If you break this down by cities affected by terrorism then the figures look even more interesting. Compare London, Nice, Paris, Brussels etc to Toronto year on year.

If you just compare murders I'm sure Toronto will figure lower against say London. If you compare gun related murders vs non gun related murders it probably ranks higher.

Last edited:

you quoted me
but ignored my question
maybe because I said it was rhetorical

agreed on the mental health problem

but back to vans
do we need vans?

It was a handgun... Does it really matter what brand, caliber, ammo used, etc..?
Handguns are probably easier to procure illegally than machine guns. And relatively less damaging due to fire rate limitations. Perhaps, that's why he asked?

Doesn't change the nature of tragedy, true. Horrible stuff.

Last edited:
Wonder if the media will report any of this to the spoon fed residents of TO?
Guessing not for fear of offending any Muslims or people suffering from mental health issues.
Would not want to upset anyone.
Feelings before facts seem to be the norm.

https://btnews.online/terror-in-can...hooting-named-faisal-hussain-trained-to-kill/

Wtf was that? That just seemed to be inflammatory BS with little to back it up. If true, yes it is disturbing, but they gave me nothing to believe anything they said had a basis in reality.

EDIT:
In fact, much of what that website says is straight up lies just to stoke hatred.
"According to the SIU, the Muslim terrorist was tracked by officers to Bowden Street during the shooting attack."

Last edited:
Yes, he was Muslim and Pakistani, don't think it's relevant though, but time will tell. From witness reports on the news broadcasts, seems he was very comfortable with the gun. Efficient changing clips, body position etc. but then again how versed the average person is on that, who knows.

Here's a question. You are standing there on the street with your helmet in hand and someone starts to shoot. They are facing away from you and maybe 10-15 feet away. The shooter starts walking away from you. What do you do?

In hindsight, I think I'd batter the person's arm and then their head with my helmet. In the moment...I'd probably run.

I wouldn't be surprised if terrorist gave him the gun and taught him out to use it. It would easy to influence a person with a mental illness like psychosis to do something horrible such as this.

Yes, he was Muslim and Pakistani, don't think it's relevant though, but time will tell. From witness reports on the news broadcasts, seems he was very comfortable with the gun. Efficient changing clips, body position etc. but then again how versed the average person is on that, who knows.

Here's a question. You are standing there on the street with your helmet in hand and someone starts to shoot. They are facing away from you and maybe 10-15 feet away. The shooter starts walking away from you. What do you do?

In hindsight, I think I'd batter the person's arm and then their head with my helmet. In the moment...I'd probably run.

I'd like to think that I'd know what I'd do, but until it happens it's really hard to tell. A lot of it comes down to whether I think I can get to him before he knows I'm coming. If you get spotted too early it's game over for you and sadly your lost life did little to change the outcome of the attack.

In the past I saw a drunk shoplifting ******* toss some cashiers through the air and try to run away. He didn't get far but there was little threat to my safety there.

Back
Top Bottom