Roofers; BP or IKO? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Roofers; BP or IKO?

Riceburner

Any roofers out there or anyone have an opinion? :D

What's the quality difference between BP Mystique 42 and IKO Cambridge?

Obviously I'm not a roofer, but all the guys that quoted me offered me my choice of those two for the same price. I took that to mean that quality was basically the same. Fwiw I went with Cambridge soley because of a colour choice.
If you are doing repairs, go with the one that you can get the better deal on.

Sent from my purple G4 using Tapatalk

Got IKO now, roofer quoting favored BP. I know IKO as I used it to do a sub roof myself last year. I did a few roofing repair jobs this year and don't notice a difference with new ones. Just wondering what long term is.

Also heard from an architect that IKO will refund some of the cost on the old shingles if the roof needs to be done before end of life of the shingle. Will look into that more.

As a roofer for over 20 years and having used many products I would rate them as follows.
1. Certain Teed (Landmark)
2. GAF (Timberline)
3. Owens Corning
4/5. BP or IKO as they are about equals and would put them both at the bottom of the list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Went with the BP cause they have dual adhesive bands. Yeah, BP and IKO seem to be equal overall. Not planning to be there that long...

That’s funny cause when I hear dual adhesive band I figure if the first doesn’t hold the second is made of the same product so probably won’t hold either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The adhesive/tar holds. Maybe just a sales gimmick for BP. 2nd is right on the nail line anyways, but a constant line as opposed to the lower one that's dotted. so meh....

Back
Top Bottom