What bike garners the most street respect? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What bike garners the most street respect?

haha....nice catch
they usually are that.....

but seriously
I can tell from the longing in everyone's eyes
my 15 year old Vulcan is the coolest bike on the road

Most certainly is. Mine is 2nd. Maybe, Diavel. Does not look like much. Red paint. Trellis work where I can get my plants to grow.

Most respected bike on the planet?

harley-davidson-1909.jpg

I'm sure you would turn heads riding one of these!

Why would you care about attention? The point of being on a bike is to ride not have your ego stroked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why would you care about attention? The point of being on a bike is to ride not have your ego stroked

I dunno about that. I think a great deal of riders enjoy the image that goes along with riding, whether riding a Harley or a supersport or even an old classic.

Yup, image is a big part of riding for many. But there's no reason to assume that's the OP's concern. Or maybe it is. Either way, it's a valid and interesting question. Trust GTAM to get its panties in a bunch over it.

In my personal opinion, majority of the younger, newer riders (typically teens or early 20s) get into riding for the "cool" image that they think comes with it (I shared a similar sentiment when I was in 10th-12th grade). These riders typically quit riding after a season or two, once they realize no one gives a flying f*** what they ride or even that they ride.

The older, more mature riders who have been riding for a while very likely don't ride for the image.

At the other extreme, we have some mid-life crisis riders who start riding pretty late into adulthood. Possibly quit shortly after.

Also, it is my personal opinion that cruisers are better respected than sport bikes on the street.
Sport bike riders are typically considered hooligans by the general public (people who don't ride). Have asked and been told.

Last edited:
I ride because I love to. I put around 4000 kms on the CBR300R last season. LMAO, I was just mentioning what I observed. With my 300R, I would ride and nobody would really care about what I rode. But, ever since I upgraded, the duke 690 gets complemented all the time. So, I figured I would ask you all if you experienced something similar. Haha, I dont mean it in like a d*ck measuring contest. I don't live for the complements.

Maybe just beacause of the fact that it is a slightly rare bike on the street compared to the rest on its class that it garners all this extra attention, just my 2 cents.

My bike wins. It's the bike I like looking at the most of any other bike!
I like riding it too, but when I'm on it, I can't see it, so I have to stop and get off to look at it every once in a while and congratulate myself for having such a cool bike.

Like others have said, the respect factor is not a concern, but I think the bikes that would get lots of attention would be the new Husqvarnas: Svartpilen and Vitpilen. I saw the Svartpilen up close recently and that is a COOL bike!

Maybe just beacause of the fact that it is a slightly rare bike on the street compared to the rest on its class that it garners all this extra attention, just my 2 cents.

That really is it. Its different or unique. When I rode with friends with slick looking late model bikes (Ninja 1000, R1, and 2017 GSXR 1000) my old Triumph Street Triple got a lot of attention at gas stations and lunch stops from young and old. It didnt look like the "run of the mill" sport bike, adv bike or cruiser the general public is used to seeing.

Ones that actually get ridden vs posed on at the coffee shop. :D

I stopped caring what anyone else thinks quite a few years ago.

Massive x2 on both the above.

I ride what I like because *I* like it. I don’t give a crap what others think.

And I don’t belong to the Hortons Choice.

Anything with a sidecar and a dog in it that is wearing goggles.

/thread

Lol respect?

How riders think people see them:
f582b82b7f8812fe4fab857fe1eb6f3f.png

How people see riders:
8434c259aa4d08c883a2cc7bd2c1aeb1.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Especially those with obnoxiously loud pipes that rev bomb everywhere they go to tell everyone that they're cool. (Cars and bikes)

It's actually quite funny when you see the intent to get peoples attention (bus stops and such), but nobody gives a F.

Maybe I'm just jelly that I can't be cool like them with stock pipes for the last 8 years.
That being said, I would like a nice sounding pipe, but don't want to bother with tuning the bike afterward.

Last edited:
The one ridden by the best rider (normally the quiet rider with an average looking bike that has spent many hours at the track, not the dbag with the look at me bike that has spent many many hours posing and talking about gixxers bruh).

Back
Top Bottom