2018/2019 Raptors/NBA Thread | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2018/2019 Raptors/NBA Thread

Almost blew it but that was a solid team win

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I didn't watch the game. Great news with another win!

As a raps fan it was a great game. Never really saw Kawhi play before this year Im realizing this guy is the real deal.
Ya, I mentioned earlier on this forum that I'm only fairly recently taking a deeper interest in the NBA. While Baseball ratings are falling and NFL ratings are overall flat, the NBA is still robustly growing. I watch The Jump Show on TSN/ESPN; it's very good for following the NBA and for highlights/stories. It's a talk show format and embraced by the NBA community with a number of NBA personalities as guests. This show got me interested in Kawhi a year ago or so. They also have a podcast of the episodes. I recommend it. http://www.espn.com/espnradio/podcast/archive/_/id/15203328

I found out things like this... Kawhi has freakishly big hands. Haha but true!
https://www.bardown.com/the-raptors...ff-how-big-kawhi-s-hands-really-are-1.1174703

I (and many others) think Kawhi is one of the top 2-3 players in the league in the role of overall combined offensive/defensive contribution and proven playoff basketball performance (the most important production). He's an NBA Finals MVP award winner and a two-time NBA Defensive Player of the Year. Ultra elite skills imo.

I'm really hoping and rooting for Kawhi and the Raptors. The Jump TV show has repeatedly mentioned that TO is one of the top three sports markets in North America, only behind LA and NY. That's impressive praise and acknowledgment. Charles Barkley is famous for his love of TO and the GTA. It would be great if Kawhi stays and signs a supermax contract to stay with TO. It's possible, look at the Paul George experience. I recently mentioned a LeBron HBO Canada show in the TV thread; another TV show with some NBA roots.

Last edited:
Charlotte looked out matched at every position all night long. If our bench can turn it up a mild notch, this is going to be a very tough team to beat.

Can't wait to see how they look against a western powerhouse. Specifically GSW.

Can't wait to see how they look against a western powerhouse. Specifically GSW.

Last few years, they always played really well against the western elite during the regular season, but struggled in 7 game series against middling teams.

First time I have watched Luka Dockic play and he is awesome! Hopefully Dallas will be good again with a few more pieces to go around their great young talent. Tonight's game was pretty sloppy at points, but they are figuring it out like most other teams. Still a good win without Freddie, Delon and OG.

So now they are 6-0 and against some pretty weak teams, but it's always a good sign when you beat the teams you should.

Go Raps!

Go Raptors? Honestly... I'm not that impressed by their "hot start".

The only notable team they played so far was Boston and their two superstars are just getting back in the groove of things after missing so much time last season.

Tonight was a good win, blowing a 17 point lead reminded me of the yesteryear's team but the bounce back was nice.

I'm impressed but im impressed easily lol.

Yesterdays win without fvv, Delon, and og was a solid win. They were running with a 3rd string pg in brown for a bit and still managed to get the win.

This is definitely the best Raptors team ever but too bad it's during the GSW era.
Go Raptors? Honestly... I'm not that impressed by their "hot start".

The only notable team they played so far was Boston and their two superstars are just getting back in the groove of things after missing so much time last season.

Tonight was a good win, blowing a 17 point lead reminded me of the yesteryear's team but the bounce back was nice.

9-1.
Asides from the egg they laid in Milwaukee, they have won the games they should.

Watching Serge, Kyle and Pascal last night was pretty sweet!

Go Raps!

9-1.
Asides from the egg they laid in Milwaukee, they have won the games they should.

Watching Serge, Kyle and Pascal last night was pretty sweet!

Go Raps!
That first quarter was glorious!

It's good seeing Ibaka finally make an impact and I hope he can keep it going. IMO, they still haven't faced a strong enough contender to gauge their improvement over last season.

It's good seeing Ibaka finally make an impact and I hope he can keep it going. IMO, they still haven't faced a strong enough contender to gauge their improvement over last season.

Basically they haven't faced the Warriors yet...
They dispatched and almost fully healthy Boston team.. and took care of them Sixers too... Thats at least something..
So is a 9-1 record to start...
I a, excited and so far I caught most of the games and will continue too... though I will admit that sometimes when they're not playing to well I want to yell out Craptors but.. we're far removed from those years lol

Our biggest pick up in the off season is Nick nurse. I'm really liking his matchups and the way he runs the offence. Having ibaka and JV alternating the 5 has been looking real good. Opposing teams can't prepare for both because they both play so different. The whole team is unselfish and they have a good team mentality.

I've been watching a lot of USA commentators talk about raptors this year compared to last and they are finally taking them seriously. DeRozan is a good player but his type of play is easy to shut down playoff time. How the raptors are looking now is much more fluid and they can adapt to almost any team. Again I can't wait for the GSW game. More then anything they're fun to watch. At the end of the day it's entertainment.

What's surprising is how good they're looking without Leonard.

Unfortunately using Golden State as a barometer doesn't really work for any other team cuz they have 4 max level all stars on their team. And despite this the raps hav played them very competitively for the last few years often losing by less than 10 points. If one of their players gets injured and we are healthy then it's on.

Unfortunately using Golden State as a barometer doesn't really work for any other team cuz they have 4 max level all stars on their team. And despite this the raps hav played them very competitively for the last few years often losing by less than 10 points. If one of their players gets injured and we are healthy then it's on.
Like I said I feel this is a different team then last. With or without Leonard imo with nurse they look way more fluid. But yes ultimately we do need to compare them to GSW. They're the team to beat.

I want to be on the Nurse bandwagon but it's still too soon.

On a side note, what's happening with the wizards? I didn't expect them to have this sort of start.

On a side note, what's happening with the wizards? I didn't expect them to have this sort of start.
I kind of love it actually. I recall either Wall or Beal in years past saying they were the best in the east and every year they flame out. This year it's just happening so early. If this keeps up a few more games, it's full on rebuild mode. I always thought Otto Porter had huge upside, but seems like he has regressed than improved. Never been a fan of Oubré and with Gortat leaving, how could they have thought that Dwight Howard would help?

I am so impressed with Siakam and Anunoby this year.

I don't think the raptors have had this well of a balanced team..... Ever.

Well see how the next month or so goes, as other teams adjust.

What a sloppy game yesterday. Something like 11 raptors turnovers in the first quarter alone. Still, some good individual efforts and moments.

76ers look like competition now with Jimmy Butler added.

Saw this bit of Raptors history. Not good for Bosh.

He was not pleased. Chris Bosh's Groin Is Probably Sore Today

Last edited:
The bench showed up... Liking how OG has been playing recently. And delon too.

Saw this somewhere, Leonard might be mentoring og?
https://mobile.twitter.com/JLew1050/status/1061676867588108288
What a sloppy game yesterday. Something like 11 raptors turnovers in the first quarter alone. Still, some good individual efforts and moments.

76ers look like competition now with Jimmy Butler added.

Saw this bit of raptors history. Not good for Bosh
[video=youtube;WMBoQ49fkvk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMBoQ49fkvk[/video]

He was not pleased. https://deadspin.com/5414370/chris-boshs-groin-is-probably-sore-today

Back
Top Bottom