2018/2019 Raptors/NBA Thread | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2018/2019 Raptors/NBA Thread

The bench showed up... Liking how OG has been playing recently. And delon too.

Saw this somewhere, Leonard might be mentoring og?
https://mobile.twitter.com/JLew1050/status/1061676867588108288
Seen that reported and looks promising.

Talking about coincident timing with my last post, looks like another Canadian tie-in with infamous NBA groin shots just happened. It's made the sports talk scene.
https://thecomeback.com/nba/andrew-wiggins-dunked-on-nikola-mirotic-kicked-him-in-the-groin.html

Some would say more disappointment in Andrew Wiggins.

Crazy to do that.

With another loss from the Raptors there seems to be some room for improvement. Interesting game coming on TV Fri, @ B.

Last edited:
Nurse simply got outcoached. Growing pains I suppose but an entertaining game nonetheless.

Yup I was wrong about nurse. Took him so long to finally double kyrie and that iso ball for Leonard down the stretch reminds me of what they used to do with the guy we just traded.
Nurse simply got outcoached. Growing pains I suppose but an entertaining game nonetheless.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

It's ok.
Boston barely beat the Raptors at home when fully healthy while the Raps were missing the boys currently embroiled in the Go Daddy Curse. It certainly hurt even more to lose OG and then Danny Green. At that point, the Raps fall behind on the depth chart, even further made worse when Steady Freddy still no ready. Kyrie last night was an absolute killah and nothing could have stopped him - awesome to watch. Great game overall and the intensity was sweet for a Friday night in November!

It's a long season and we are only 1/5 of the way there:)

Raps are 16-4.
Western Conference has 14 teams separated by 4.5 games.
Philly got beat by lowly Cleveland.
Strange things going on.

Raps are 16-4.
Western Conference has 14 teams separated by 4.5 games.
Philly got beat by lowly Cleveland.
Strange things going on.

I was at the game last night. Interesting atmosphere. Lowry is still the spiritual leader despite Leonard being clearly best player - his demeanor is very reserved

Which do you guys think made a bigger impact on the Raptors' improvement, the DeRozan/Leonard trade or the hiring of Nurse as head coach?

I feel that both had an equal impact.

Having Leonard and Green improves floor spacing due to the increased 3pt threat that other teams have to respect. Both are also lock-down defenders who make steals and blocks and force quick transition baskets that also keep opposing defences on their heels.

Nurse's decision to move Ibaka to the centre position also stops the clogging of the paint that was happening before which was often rendering both JV and Serge less effective. The way that Lowry has been using JV and Ibaka in the Pick 'n Roll has also been masterful to watch.

The Raps still have a lot of improvement. So many of their rotation players are either under-peforming or inconsistent - If Miles and Powell can be closer to their peak form by end of season, this will be a much improved team. Even Delon and Van Vleet have a ways to go before playing to their potential.

All that said, if Golden State is fully healthy in the post season, it will be hard to stop them with 5 premier All Stars in their starting rotation alone.

Go Raps!

JV needs to learn the ways of the black mamba.

[video=youtube_share;8WWwcsZUmOI]https://youtu.be/8WWwcsZUmOI[/video]

Last edited:
Raptors minus Leonard beat GS on the road. If there is a milestone game of the season that would give them absolute confidence as a team, this would be it.

Two more tough games on the west to go, but 2-0 in California is big.

I saw a great note on SC TSN. The Raptors have defintitely put their name down as the best team so far this year. We've got a ways to go, then the playoffs. I'd love to see them stomp. It's positive and positively awesome, best in the league shows they can represent... but it's still early... and pre-playoffs...

Last edited:
And what a flurry of trades at the deadline for the top teams in the East. Philly is looking really good as are the Bucks and the Raps. Looking forward to the post season!

I don't know, man. I don't know.
Gasol is a bad boy so good trade and all but something feels off with this team.

Norman Powell got cursed for pretty much a year and a half by GoDaddy.
CJ Miles is still under the GoDaddy curse and cries himself to sleep every night (albeit comfortably).
JV didn't understand what happened and got his hand slapped for trying to tempt fate.

I'm learning time moves fast in the NBA and my December feedback on the Raptors a few posts back is not so relevant now. The Raptors are a top 3-4 team in the East and many people give the top 3-4 East teams even odds to make the finals at this time. The Raptors currently remind me of last years, showing sustained excellence during the regular season but also a consistent lack of bringing quality play against the best teams in the NBA. That's a very troubling sign for the playoffs when most teams up their game as well. The overall team shooting and perimeter efficiency has been a real sore spot in big games. The recent Gasol trade and the buyout market is not going to fix that. Well, it's gonna be an interesting playoffs at least. Go Raps.

Back
Top Bottom