Good attitude pays off | GTAMotorcycle.com

Good attitude pays off

CHRIS63

Just got pulled over today for numerous infractions today on Derry road and Hurontario.

Officer jumps out of his lightly marked pick up truck(need to start looking out for these) and immediately calls me an idiot and saying "You're so stupid for doing that in front of me, I can't wait for you to lose your licence for the next seven days". To which I responded, "did you catch me on radar?". Officer began blasting me for "hearing me speed" and later seeing me drive through standstill traffic; lane splitting - to which I had no defense. Almost shaking while yelling at me the officer began his rehearsed rant about "You're not the first or the last, lucky you pulled over or I would have chased you until the point they'd be scraping you off the pavement". To which I explained that you are barking up the wrong tree, categorizing me as some vigilante where all I did was cut to the front of the line. Amidst the officer yelling and getting into my face another officer pulls in after hearing the shouting from other side of the parking lot probably just in case this guy breaks down from his hissy fit that I had the pleasure of experiencing. Police officers always try and get you going to see if you have attitude, it was almost textbook this time but I played it cool and agreed with everything he said including belittling myself acknowledging what I did was stupid and that I am an idiot multiple times. Played this part almost too well when he was calling me a smart *** for delaying giving him my documents(works every time). He had a huge change of heart realizing that this was not my first rodeo and I know how deal with cops. After running my papers and proving to him I was legit he did a complete 180, began thanking me for pulling over and having good attitude(bipolar as ****). I was later let go with a minor ticket of failure to display licence plate - essentially a fix-it ticket that I have previously gotten on my car in the past. Definitely could have went the other way entirely if I had not defended myself or had attitude with the officer, but at the end of the day he went super ****ing easy on me considering I could have been nailed for a bunch of ****.

Just thought that I would share this. Ride safe, and watch out for cops ;)

Last edited:
good job, good outcome

every person you ever meet has some BS they are dealing with, LE included
a little humanness goes a long way sometimes
sounds like that's what happened with this officer

You're a f'n hero.

Horseshoes

;) we can't see them but they must be in there

So you were speeding, lane splitting, told off an officer, and then played nice guy, only got a minor ticket, yet you told him to not categorize you amongst all the other bikers giving bikers a bad name?

Cool story bro...

Horseshoes

Horseshoes is getting a ticket and added bonus "because I can" tickets from one of Fantino's Finest then he gets hit by a pickup truck while standing beside a car at a traffic stop on the 407 and is on workmen's comp when your trial date comes up.

Here's a thought. Stop breaking traffic laws. Next officer might be a cool cucumber, but also one who decides that you deserve to be nailed for each and every one of your infractions.

Here's a thought. Stop breaking traffic laws. Next officer might be a cool cucumber, but also one who decides that you deserve to be nailed for each and every one of your infractions.

Yet you're OK with a cop telling him " I would have chased you until the point they'd be scraping you off the pavement"

Yet you're OK with a cop telling him " I would have chased you until the point they'd be scraping you off the pavement"

Allegedly said it.
Just like this whole story did or didn't happen.
Heavy on the didn't...

Never said I was, and if (stressing that word) it actually happened, the cop is an ****** with an attitude that doesn't belong dressed in blue.

But not doing stupid things that raise your heat score when you're riding...and subsequently not getting pulled over as a result conveniently eliminates these potentially unpleasant interactions to begin with, which was my point.

I was later let go with a minor ticket of failure to display licence plate - essentially a fix-it ticket that I have previously gotten on my car in the past.

Are you one of those meatheads that hides his plate up above the rear tire, under the seat?

Last edited:
I believe he was riding fast and lane splitting since he admitted to it.

I do believe he was ticketed for said infractions.

Do I believe he told off an officer? No.

Do I believe an officer flat out said he would have chased him down and splattered him onto the pavement? No.

Cops are generally pretty cool and understanding unless you give them a reason not to be.

Also funny how the op hasn't returned to this post.

3 sides to every story bud...

I believe he was riding fast and lane splitting since he admitted to it.

I do believe he was ticketed for said infractions.

Do I believe he told off an officer? No.

Do I believe an officer flat out said he would have chased him down and splattered him onto the pavement? No.

Cops are generally pretty cool and understanding unless you give them a reason not to be.

Also funny how the op hasn't returned to this post.

3 sides to every story bud...

I believe he was riding fast and lane splitting since he admitted to it. Yes, thanks for reading.

I do believe he was ticketed for said infractions. I was only ticketed for a failure to display licence plate properly, which had nothing to do with my riding or why I was pulled over.

Do I believe he told off an officer? No. I told him to stop yelling at me since he started shaking over something minor as cutting the line at a red light.

Do I believe an officer flat out said he would have chased him down and splattered him onto the pavement? No. "You're not the first or the last, lucky you pulled over or I would have chased you until the point they'd be scraping you off the pavement". This is exactly what was said to me, that's why I am posting to begin with. I didn't take it personally since I would never run, hence me pulling over to begin with.

Cops are generally pretty cool and understanding unless you give them a reason not to be. That is called discretion, I stood up for myself and had good attitude, that's why his attitude changed after running my documents and realizing that I am not a smart ***, just a guy that knows how to deal with cops.

Also funny how the op hasn't returned to this post. I got more to do during my day that surf the net and respond to people that don't "believe" my story. I don't care, nobody cares if you believe it. I thought it was worth sharing how a good attitude can work wonders for you during a traffic stop.

3 sides to every story bud... Two sides to every coin? Two sides to every story?

...................That is called discretion, I stood up for myself and had good attitude, that's why his attitude changed after running my documents and realizing that I am not a smart ***, just a guy that knows how to deal with cops.

Two sides to every coin? Two sides to every story?

You seriously think you are the reason he changed his attitude??? You give yourself way too much credit.

And yes, three sides...(1) yours, (2) theirs/his/hers and (3) the truth.

Back
Top Bottom