River Road/Side Road 20 - Terra Nova

Thread: River Road/Side Road 20 - Terra Nova

River Road/Side Road 20 - Terra Nova

anyone know the condition of River Road/Side Road 20 up through Kilgorie and Terra Nova (specifically between Prince of Wales and Airport Road)?...i read somewhere (but can't remember where) that it was all under construction...thinking of heading up that way tomorrow if the weather holds out...TIA

Re: River Road/Side Road 20 - Terra Nova

Fine as of last week. Only construction is right at the intersection of Prince of Wales and 10 Sideroad and it's no big deal. (edit: there is also construction in the village of Hornings Mills, I usually don't go to that end)

What time are you going? I'm hoping to do the same thing in the early morning.

Rode it yesterday both East and West, River road. Was fine. Highway 10 going both North and South where there are doing road work. (Just before Prince of Wales, fine also) was a fun ride. There are a few quick elevations as the road is not smoothed out. Can get you out of your seat. Bumpy.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian P View Post
    Fine as of last week. Only construction is right at the intersection of Prince of Wales and 10 Sideroad and it's no big deal. (edit: there is also construction in the village of Hornings Mills, I usually don't go to that end)
    Then you're missing the best part with new smooth pavement between Prince of Wales and Horning's Mills. BTW, the last section going up into the village of Horning's Mills was just repaved and there was no construction activity the last time I was there a few days ago.

Be aware that Highway 10 traffic will be bad just south of Primrose because of bridge replacement and single lane traffic light operation just south of Highway 89.

Malks
    1997 ST1100

Yeah, I noticed it was newly paved in that area. I also saw the new 40 speed limit and community safety zone signs. That's also the section with the two long straightaways where the cops love to sit. Friend of mine got a ticket there. Nope!

Its a good road for sure. I'll go on a weekday evening sometimes. Nobody on it at all. Just a 15 min ride from home.
    2017 Yamaha FJR1300ES
    Previous Ride - Harley Davidson Fat Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Brian P View Post
    Yeah, I noticed it was newly paved in that area. I also saw the new 40 speed limit and community safety zone signs. That's also the section with the two long straightaways where the cops love to sit. Friend of mine got a ticket there. Nope!
    That's why I only ride on weekday afternoons, never seen a cop along any of that road on a weekday. I avoid riding on weekends due to more traffic and the likelihood of an increased police presence.

Malks
    1997 ST1100

One of my favorite roads!
    The next road north, Dufferin Rd. 21 from Honeywood is also nice, but not as curvy, with a fantastic view.

Quote Originally Posted by kruzuki View Post
    One of my favorite roads!
    The next road north, Dufferin Rd. 21 from Honeywood is also nice, but not as curvy, with a fantastic view.
    Well if you want curvy go another 3 concessions to the north on 124 and turn right onto County Road 9. One of my favourite roads.

Malks
    1997 ST1100

How far up is centre rd surfaced? It runs from River Rd to the North m.
    Ride Safe.....

2011 BMW F8OOR

Former bikes: 2002 FZ1, 1985 FJ600, 1980 RD400 Hondas S90, SS50 and C50

thanks for the replies...we've done CR 9 too and it's a blast...haven't tried 21 though...be safe all...

Quote Originally Posted by STARSHIP View Post
    How far up is centre rd surfaced? It runs from River Rd to the North m.
    "Surfaced" as in pavement? It's not.

There's a ton of stuff in that area for the dual-sport riders to play on.

Quote Originally Posted by Allistonfjr View Post
    Its a good road for sure. I'll go on a weekday evening sometimes. Nobody on it at all. Just a 15 min ride from home.
    Same here even closer for me, havenít seen any police presence during the weekdays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk