River Road/Side Road 20 - Terra Nova | GTAMotorcycle.com

River Road/Side Road 20 - Terra Nova

ifiddles

anyone know the condition of River Road/Side Road 20 up through Kilgorie and Terra Nova (specifically between Prince of Wales and Airport Road)?...i read somewhere (but can't remember where) that it was all under construction...thinking of heading up that way tomorrow if the weather holds out...TIA

Fine as of last week. Only construction is right at the intersection of Prince of Wales and 10 Sideroad and it's no big deal. (edit: there is also construction in the village of Hornings Mills, I usually don't go to that end)

What time are you going? I'm hoping to do the same thing in the early morning.

Rode it yesterday both East and West, River road. Was fine. Highway 10 going both North and South where there are doing road work. (Just before Prince of Wales, fine also) was a fun ride. There are a few quick elevations as the road is not smoothed out. Can get you out of your seat. Bumpy. :)

Fine as of last week. Only construction is right at the intersection of Prince of Wales and 10 Sideroad and it's no big deal. (edit: there is also construction in the village of Hornings Mills, I usually don't go to that end)

Then you're missing the best part with new smooth pavement between Prince of Wales and Horning's Mills. BTW, the last section going up into the village of Horning's Mills was just repaved and there was no construction activity the last time I was there a few days ago.

Be aware that Highway 10 traffic will be bad just south of Primrose because of bridge replacement and single lane traffic light operation just south of Highway 89.

Yeah, I noticed it was newly paved in that area. I also saw the new 40 speed limit and community safety zone signs. That's also the section with the two long straightaways where the cops love to sit. Friend of mine got a ticket there. Nope!

Its a good road for sure. I'll go on a weekday evening sometimes. Nobody on it at all. Just a 15 min ride from home.

Yeah, I noticed it was newly paved in that area. I also saw the new 40 speed limit and community safety zone signs. That's also the section with the two long straightaways where the cops love to sit. Friend of mine got a ticket there. Nope!
That's why I only ride on weekday afternoons, never seen a cop along any of that road on a weekday. I avoid riding on weekends due to more traffic and the likelihood of an increased police presence.

One of my favorite roads!
The next road north, Dufferin Rd. 21 from Honeywood is also nice, but not as curvy, with a fantastic view.

One of my favorite roads!
The next road north, Dufferin Rd. 21 from Honeywood is also nice, but not as curvy, with a fantastic view.

Well if you want curvy go another 3 concessions to the north on 124 and turn right onto County Road 9. One of my favourite roads.

thanks for the replies...we've done CR 9 too and it's a blast...haven't tried 21 though...be safe all...

Back
Top Bottom