Ble ray Vs Maxima lube | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ble ray Vs Maxima lube

arogal

I have been using Maxima chain wax for quite some time now. I love how it doesn't fly off on the rear tire and how it smells like candles for the 1st 30km or so. I am a big fan of the chain wax, but I find that every time I wax the chain I end up needing to heat it up and clean it while the chain is still nice and toasty so get all the cruddy old wax off. Not necessarily a bad thing, but I'd prefer to lube the chain every 500km or so and not go through the whole process of: heat chain, clean chain, let chain dry, go for a wuick boot to heat chain AGAIN, wax chain, then let sit for half hour for wax to dry. Not sure if I'm just too anal, but that that I have been doing every 800km or so with the Maxima wax for the last couple years.
I am thinking of getting a can of the Bel Ray chain lube to switch things up. Read a lot of reviews and just like the wax, it doesn't seem to fling off on the rear tire like that Motul crap (I love Motul, but I'm not a fan of their chain products).
Anyone here had experience with both the Maxima Wax, and Bel Ray Super Clea Chain Lube? If so, which one did you prefer?

Love the Bel-Ray Super Clean.
It goes on white so you can see not to overdo it, and doesn't fling off.

BelRay :I been using it for decades but always on non-sealed chains.

BelRay :I been using it for decades but always on non-sealed chains.

... have tried several others, chain lube is a common sponsor prize :D
oops, Thank-you sponsors I like all of your products that Maxima stuff is good too and so is that Castrol black crap, all totally awesome.

Used a whole whack of different chain lubes/waxes before. Currently using Dupont Teflon Chain-Saver.

Dupont Chain Saver here as well. Much easier on the wallet and works great. Doesn't fling. Was using Belray before Dupont.

What are you cleaning your maxima-waxed chain with?
I use kerosene and have no issues removing traces of everything with a rag and chain brush.

Back
Top Bottom