Got 2k in my pocket.. what now? Or should I wait.. | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Got 2k in my pocket.. what now? Or should I wait..

You mean this one? https://www.kijiji.ca/v-sport-touri...er/1368879007?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Its nice for sure.. Its the 100k+ mileage on it that would scare me unless it was kept in the most pristine condition.. the last bike I got was a '78 and little things kept creeping up that needed to be taken care of. I think I'm aiming for something in the 2000s

I will get raped on insurance for anything over 750cc.. even 750 is pushing it for me..

Yes, that one. Will eat highway miles for breakfast.
Price it out for insurance.

Yes, that one. Will eat highway miles for breakfast.
Price it out for insurance.

Did you read the description? Guy says it needs some TLC.. doesn't even know what it needs to pass safety and it could be a great cafe racer project.
I'd have to pass on that.. Sounds like to much work to even get it on the road which I do not want to deal with tbh

Did you read the description? Guy says it needs some TLC.. doesn't even know what it needs to pass safety and it could be a great cafe racer project.
I'd have to pass on that.. Sounds like to much work to even get it on the road which I do not want to deal with tbh

That's a lot of motorcycle for 2500$
... I have a K100RS that I owned since new, that bike is my bike with the front cylinder lopped off minus the fairing.

lister calling it a cafe project is just stupid, it's a shaft drive touring bike that is better then mine in the city.

;) ya and you didn't say you had a bigger budget or lol I would be shopping for nicer bikes with your money.

... I think you could get that beemer for less then asking $ because of the funky tires and all the things those other guys said is wrong with it

& If it needs a new battery you can buy a real cheap lawn tractor battery, it will fit right in there

Last edited:
FZ6 is a good progression bike from a starter

don't be fooled by the R version though
Yamaha wrapped it in plastic and put nice graphics on it
it worked, NA riders lined up to buy the vastly in every way inferior bike
because it looked cooler

whereas the FZ6 is a great bike that few wanted
history has been kind to it though
they are now actually going up in value

250s can handle highway just fine, you can get it taken for 50 over anywhere easily.

Your budget is limiting your selection, get the Suzuki.

Now this is a bargain OP

2006 Yamaha FZ6
$2,200.00

$_59.JPG

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-sport-touri...z6/1371028511?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Seems a little to good to be true.. if it's as good a deal as it's be advertised to be then it will be gone by the end of the weekend or next week latest.

Speaking of which.. The price of the GSX650F went up! Guess a buyer got him to do a safety and he didn't pass so probably spent more money to fix it to pass the safety. Buyer probably flaked after

that.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1368137798&requestSource=b

new tires.

This is what I had hoped to avoid.. Say the buyer didn't ask him to get a safety and purchased it. He would have had to shell out another XX amount of $ on top of the original purchase to get new tires and safety it.
That happened to me before and I want to avoid it, I want to buy a bike, get it safety and tuned at the same time somewhere like 109 or something and get on the road.

Why? A 12 year old bike that not too many people are familiar with. FZ6R devalued the FZ6. People think the former is the upgraded version of the latter while in reality, the exact opposite is the case.

I feel like if it was a couple hundred more I wouldn't be so skeptical. I doubt I'm the only one who thinks that.

I feel like if it was a couple hundred more I wouldn't be so skeptical. I doubt I'm the only one who thinks that.

2200 for that bike is realistic
the others on kijiji of similar age for 5K are out to lunch
FZ6 new was only $7500, no way after 10+ years are they are worth 5

Back
Top Bottom